    why we want a script that disable the wireless NIC and left the wired
    NIC active.

    Any out there can help. Thanks

    happy.ppp, Aug 27, 2006

  2. Hi

    It is Not very clear what you are looking for, may be you would like to
    describe a specific scenario.

    If you do not want to use one of the NICs disable it in the Device Manager.

    The two NICs can not be bridged if they are configured on the same subnet;
    they have to be on two different Networks in order to be bridged.

    If you want to keep the two NICs On, you can establish priority of usage by
    configuring the matrices.

    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 28, 2006

  3. happy.ppp

    happy.ppp Guest

    My wired and wireless NIC are in different subnets and thus bridging
    between the two is possible.

    I want a script on system start-up that detected if both the wired and
    wireless NIC is enabled, if so let the user select which to enabled and
    disable the other.

    Appreciate any helps

    happy.ppp, Aug 28, 2006