    window, but is there a way, and if so how, to prevent this item from showing
    up on my task bar at all.

    http://heres-what-i-mean.notlong.com
    Rick, Mar 18, 2009

  2. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    news:gprmc1$e9c$...
    > Rick wrote:
    >> Running Windows XP Home
    >>
    >> I created a small batch script that starts when I boot my machine and
    >> runs constantly in the background. It is currently set up to start in a
    >> minimized window, but is there a way, and if so how, to prevent this item
    >> from showing up on my task bar at all.
    >>

    >> http://heres-what-i-mean.notlong.com

    > YEah...I dun follow random links from strangers mate

    Dood! If you don't trust your own security setup it's time to change it or
    disconnect your machine from the interweb!

    > but to prevent it from starting automagically try:
    > http://www.ehow.com/how_2080189_stop-programs-loading-startup.html

    YEah ... and how is the link *you* provided any different than a "random
    link from a stranger" that I provided? Thanks for your *attempt* at helping
    but you misunderstood! I DO NOT want to prevent the program from loading at
    startup, I simply don't want it to appear in my taskbar while running.

    By the way, problem solved by use of the DOS "start" command and employing
    the "/b" parameter.
    Rick, Mar 18, 2009

  3. Rick wrote:
    > Running Windows XP Home
    >
    > I created a small batch script that starts when I boot my machine and runs
    > constantly in the background. It is currently set up to start in a minimized
    > window, but is there a way, and if so how, to prevent this item from showing
    > up on my task bar at all.
    >

    > http://heres-what-i-mean.notlong.com

    YEah...I dun follow random links from strangers mate but to prevent it

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com
    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 18, 2009
  4. Rick wrote:

    > .... It is currently set up to start in a
    > minimized window, but is there a way, and if so how, to prevent this item
    > from showing up on my task bar at all.
    >

    > http://heres-what-i-mean.notlong.com

    http://www.minimize-to-tray.com/

    Unfortunately, it is only 2 week evaluation before payment is due.

    With a batch job running all time, you know the 16bit subsystem
    will grab any spare processor cycle and keep the load of at
    least one processor core at 100 percent ... so another method
    of running your job would be preferrable.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 18, 2009
  5. Rick wrote:
    > "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> Running Windows XP Home
    >>>
    >>> I created a small batch script that starts when I boot my machine and
    >>> runs constantly in the background. It is currently set up to start in a
    >>> minimized window, but is there a way, and if so how, to prevent this item
    >>> from showing up on my task bar at all.
    >>>

    >>> http://heres-what-i-mean.notlong.com

    >> YEah...I dun follow random links from strangers mate

    > Dood! If you don't trust your own security setup it's time to change it or
    > disconnect your machine from the interweb!

    <BLAM>
    There...I just blew up my computer...
    SAFE AT LAST!

    >> but to prevent it from starting automagically try:
    >> http://www.ehow.com/how_2080189_stop-programs-loading-startup.html
    >>

    > YEah ... and how is the link *you* provided any different than a "random
    > link from a stranger" that I provided?

    Mine isn't hidden by the redirector you use for yours.
    ANyone can run mine thru a search engine to see what it is...yours...not
    so much :)

    Thanks for your *attempt* at helping
    > but you misunderstood! I DO NOT want to prevent the program from loading at
    > startup, I simply don't want it to appear in my taskbar while running.

    Try som Wite Out...duh!

    > By the way, problem solved by use of the DOS "start" command and employing
    > the "/b" parameter.

    I love yuo mang...

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 19, 2009
  6. Rick

    Darrell Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message

    >>> YEah...I dun follow random links from strangers mate

    >> Dood! If you don't trust your own security setup it's time to change
    >> it or disconnect your machine from the interweb!
    >>

    > <BLAM>
    > There...I just blew up my computer...
    > SAFE AT LAST!
    >

    >>> but to prevent it from starting automagically try:
    >>> http://www.ehow.com/how_2080189_stop-programs-loading-startup.html
    >>>

    >> YEah ... and how is the link *you* provided any different than a "random
    >> link from a stranger" that I provided?

    > Mine isn't hidden by the redirector you use for yours.
    > ANyone can run mine thru a search engine to see what it is...yours...not
    > so much :)
    >

    > Thanks for your *attempt* at helping
    >> but you misunderstood! I DO NOT want to prevent the program from
    >> startup, I simply don't want it to appear in my taskbar while running.
    >>

    > Try som Wite Out...duh!
    >
    >> By the way, problem solved by use of the DOS "start" command and
    >> employing
    >> the "/b" parameter.
    >>

    > I love yuo mang...

    Autoit...