    and advanced customized interface in Windows XP style make WiseImage 6.0 a
    natural part of AutoCAD environments.

    For more information see www.rastertech.co.nz
    kevin breedveld, Oct 13, 2003

  2. On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:36:46 +1300, "kevin breedveld"
    <> wrote:

    > WiseImage® 6.0 for AutoCAD solves the problem of incorporating scanned
    > raster data into a CAD environment. This is done by adding native CAD-style
    > raster editing and raster to vector conversion inside AutoCAD to facilitate
    > revision creation and new drawing production.
    >
    > Consistent Software products have always being recognized for its
    > intelligent CAD-style raster editing technology. WiseImage 6.0 for AutoCAD
    > offers an exclusive set of enhancement tools to be applied to black/white
    >as
    > well as color images.
    >
    > True ObjectARX technology, possibility to use AutoCAD dialogs and settings
    > and advanced customized interface in Windows XP style make WiseImage 6.0 a
    > natural part of AutoCAD environments.
    >

    > For more information see

    Sorry, just calling an advertisement a "Press Release" doesn't make it
    acceptable in a newsgroup like nz.comp or nz.tech.

    Please don't spam, people will hate you and they will go out of their
    way not to buy your products.

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 13, 2003

  3. kevin breedveld

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:01:22 +1300, Bruce Simpson
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Sorry, just calling an advertisement a "Press Release" doesn't make it
    >acceptable in a newsgroup like nz.comp or nz.tech.
    >
    >Please don't spam, people will hate you and they will go out of their
    >way not to buy your products.

    Also the e-mail address is unmunged...spamtime! Good job you
    crossposting spamming w**nker!
    Dogg, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Still after over 12 years of BBS and newsgroup usage, we still get idots
    like you that have to waste bandwidth trying to be a smart arse.

    The idea of prefixing the subject line, is so you don't have to read the
    messages you are not interested in. This is not Spam. I have clearly headed
    the subject and placed the press release in appropriate newsgroups where
    people are interested in new products and technology and I have not hidden
    behind a no working email address.

    It's idiots like you that are the problem, not business' telling interested
    readers about their latest goods

    Kevin Breedveld
    Managing Director

    Rastertech New Zealand
    www.rastertech.co.nz

    kevin breedveld, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Hmmm... a top-poster (I'll humour you by doing the same), clearly not
    au-fait with usenet conventions -- such as the fact that adding "Press
    Release" to the subject line of a posting doesn't mean it's not spam
    when it promotes a commercial product!

    Look Kevin, you're picking a fight with the wrong guy here.

    Do you think it would be acceptable for every software vendor on the
    planet to start posting their "press releases" to non-commercial
    usenet newsgroups (such as nz.comp and nz.tech) so long as they used
    your cute but unacceptable convention of prefixing the subject line
    like that?

    Of course not -- the signal to noise ratio would deteriorate very
    rapidly.

    What next, can we advertise if we use "ADVT:" as a prefix?

    Can we post porno binaries if we use the prefix "ADULT:"?

    Of course not. These newsgroups are not for posting advertisements,
    advertisements dressed up as press releases, or porno binaries.

    So, before you get into name-calling, take a good look at your own
    sensibilities.

    What do you say fellow usenet users? Am I right or wrong -- should we
    open up these newsgroups to anyone and everyone in the commercial
    sector who wants to post press releases?

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 16, 2003
  6. kevin breedveld

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Bruce Simpson <> wrote:

    > What do you say fellow usenet users? Am I right or wrong -- should we
    > open up these newsgroups to anyone and everyone in the commercial
    > sector who wants to post press releases?

    Right on all counts

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Oct 16, 2003
  7. kevin breedveld

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "kevin breedveld" <> wrote in message
    > Still after over 12 years of BBS and newsgroup usage, we still get idots
    > like you that have to waste bandwidth trying to be a smart arse.
    >
    > The idea of prefixing the subject line, is so you don't have to read the
    > messages you are not interested in. This is not Spam. I have clearly

    headed
    > the subject and placed the press release in appropriate newsgroups where
    > people are interested in new products and technology and I have not hidden
    > behind a no working email address.
    >
    > It's idiots like you that are the problem, not business' telling

    interested
    > readers about their latest goods
    >
    > Kevin Breedveld
    > Managing Director
    >
    > Rastertech New Zealand

    You were politely given some good advice. Instead of taking any notice of
    it, you chose to carry on like the ill mannered jumped up bad tempered Ape
    that you are.
    The (nz) newsgroups are not for businesses to be flooding their damn ads
    into. You're in the middle of a town, but there's no one to seen. Where
    are you? You're either in a Ghost town, or slap bang in a newsgroup that
    doesn't allow ads from Apes who happen to be in charge of businesses that
    should know better.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 16, 2003
  8. kevin breedveld

    Keith Guest

    In article <>,
    ess says...
    ....snip...

    > What do you say fellow usenet users? Am I right or wrong -- should we
    > open up these newsgroups to anyone and everyone in the commercial
    > sector who wants to post press releases?

    Yes and no.

    I would think it would be wrong to press release/ product announcements
    the two nz.* groups as their scope is fairly generic but for the two CAD
    groups it may be a different story.

    I follow the "m.p.handheldpc" group which covers the clam-shell form-
    factor WindowsCE PDA's. It is not unusual for product announcements to be
    posted there and they're not shouted down generally.

    (Actually, new product announcements are pretty unusual now-days. The
    poor old HPC is a dying breed). :-(
    Keith, Oct 16, 2003
  9. kevin breedveld

    ~misfit~ Guest

    <top-posting fixed>

    > "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Sorry, just calling an advertisement a "Press Release" doesn't make it
    > > acceptable in a newsgroup like nz.comp or nz.tech.
    > >
    > > Please don't spam, people will hate you and they will go out of their
    > > way not to buy your products.
    > >
    > > --
    > > you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/

    > Still after over 12 years of BBS and newsgroup usage, we still get idots
    > like you that have to waste bandwidth trying to be a smart arse.
    >
    > The idea of prefixing the subject line, is so you don't have to read the
    > messages you are not interested in. This is not Spam. I have clearly

    headed
    > the subject and placed the press release in appropriate newsgroups where
    > people are interested in new products and technology and I have not hidden
    > behind a no working email address.
    >
    > It's idiots like you that are the problem, not business' telling

    interested
    > readers about their latest goods
    >
    > Kevin Breedveld
    > Managing Director
    >
    > Rastertech New Zealand
    > www.rastertech.co.nz

    Hi Mr. Been there, done that, before you.

    It doesn't matter what you put in the subject-line, if it quacks like a
    duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck then it's reasonably safe to
    say it's a duck. You can call it a swan but it's still a duck. Spam is spam.

    Press Release? Does this look like a press-room to you? Are we reporters?

    First you spam, then you respond to someone who calls you on it with an
    ad-hominum reply, accusing *them* of wasting bandwidth, First calling him an
    'idot' (I hope your programme writing skills are better than your typing and
    spelling skills) and then a smart arse.

    Do you always treat the public in this way? I would assume so by your tone.
    I pity your staff (if you have any).

    After seeing this ignorant and bad-mannered post, then the reply to someone
    who is quite correct, I for one will be avoiding your products like the
    plague and advising others to do the same.

    By the way, if you were really that newsgroup-savvy you wouldn't have used
    an un-munged address that will, no doubt, be harvested by the Swen worm, and
    hopefully, other spammers. wasn't it? That's why
    Bruce used a 'no working email address' but put contact details in the body
    of his post. It's the professional way to do things and far safer.

    Good luck with the business. I sure as hell wouldn't be attacking the editor
    of a well-known and widely-read web site like that if I was trying to sell a
    product. About the only person here who would have been genuinely interested
    in your "Press release", if it had been emailed to him in his official
    capacity.

    Thanks for enlightening us as to your true colours
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 16, 2003
  10. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:33:37 +1300, kevin breedveld wrote:

    > Still after over 12 years of BBS and newsgroup usage, we still get idots
    > like you that have to waste bandwidth trying to be a smart arse.

    You violated the NG charter for nz.comp and (IIRC) the similar charter for
    comp.cad.autocad (Sorry guys, alt.groups are anarchic at best)

    Wanna try for complaints to your ISP about it?

    Take it to nz.biz.* where it belongs.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 16, 2003
  11. I wasn't aware of the nz.biz.misc group, and will restrict the announcements
    of new technology to that group in the future. Silly of me to assume readers
    of nz.comp & nz.tech would be interested in hearing about the latest
    releases of software.

    Press Release/Product Announcements are common and welcomed in the CAD
    groups and I assumed the nz groups we the same.

    How do you people ever hear about new products if you censer the content?
    --
    Kevin
    www.rastertech.co.nz

    kevin breedveld, Oct 16, 2003
  12. On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:52:41 +1300, "kevin breedveld"
    <> wrote:

    >I wasn't aware of the nz.biz.misc group, and will restrict the announcements
    >of new technology to that group in the future. Silly of me to assume readers
    >of nz.comp & nz.tech would be interested in hearing about the latest
    >releases of software.
    >
    >Press Release/Product Announcements are common and welcomed in the CAD
    >groups and I assumed the nz groups we the same.
    >
    >How do you people ever hear about new products if you censer the content?

    Kevin, you use one of the many ethical marketing techniques available
    to you on the Net.

    I see you have a website so the easiest way is to generate some extra
    traffic to that site. Since you ask "how", I'll point you to a section
    of my own website that contains some useful information on generating
    that traffic without pissing people off.
    http://aardvark.co.nz/marketing/

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 16, 2003
  13. kevin breedveld

    harry Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:52:41 +1300, kevin breedveld wrote:

    > I wasn't aware of the nz.biz.misc group, and will restrict the announcements
    > of new technology to that group in the future. Silly of me to assume readers
    > of nz.comp & nz.tech would be interested in hearing about the latest
    > releases of software.

    We are, but not here.
    There are too many.
    You come across as sarcastic and patronizing in this post, I am an
    AutoCAD user who will remember that, so the effect of your post on my
    perception has actually been negative.
    You could have participated in the group to see whether your posting would
    be appropriate, and just included a short sig to your business.
    harry, Oct 16, 2003
  14. Bruce

    My apologies. I shouldn't have spun out and slagged you off like
    that.

    I agree with some of what you are saying. I had thought these groups
    the most appropriate to post about new products. I was unaware of the
    nz.biz groups. I normally stay in the cad groups (where I perhaps
    should stay)

    I remember when trademe first launched and there was a big stink about
    people posting links to auctions in nz.wanted, and the adaption of FA:
    prefix was taken up and posting auctions became the next evolution in
    the buy/sell/swap/auction groups.

    I personally have no problem with seeing ADVT: - If it were limited
    to 100 words or less and were strictly text based.

    I can't see your ADULT: one catching on. There are groups for this
    sort of thing already.

    As usual the biggest problem is (as with mine) is not getting the
    correct newsgroup for your post!

    I promise to read the relies IN FULL from now and not to hit the reply
    button and have a brain fart at 5:45am in the future.

    Regards

    Kevin Breedvld
    www.rastertech.co.nz
    (via google as out of my office)

    Kevin Breedveld, Oct 16, 2003
  15. kevin breedveld

    harry Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:10:27 -0700, Kevin Breedveld wrote:

    > Bruce
    >
    > My apologies. I shouldn't have spun out and slagged you off like
    > that.
    >
    > I agree with some of what you are saying. I had thought these groups
    > the most appropriate to post about new products. I was unaware of the
    > nz.biz groups. I normally stay in the cad groups (where I perhaps
    > should stay)
    >
    > I remember when trademe first launched and there was a big stink about
    > people posting links to auctions in nz.wanted, and the adaption of FA:
    > prefix was taken up and posting auctions became the next evolution in
    > the buy/sell/swap/auction groups.
    >
    > I personally have no problem with seeing ADVT: - If it were limited
    > to 100 words or less and were strictly text based.

    What part of no don't you understand ?
    There are 10,000 newsgroups to choose from.
    This one has a charter which excludes advertisements, no matter what the
    prefix or size.
    Please don't do it.
    harry, Oct 16, 2003
  16. kevin breedveld

    Bret Guest

    On 16 Oct 2003 13:10:27 -0700, (Kevin
    Breedveld) wrote:

    >I personally have no problem with seeing ADVT: - If it were limited
    >to 100 words or less and were strictly text based.

    We can live with that Kevin, if a regular poster wants to do that.
    I have never seen you here before, so assume you just discovered the
    group.This is a great group, and we want to keep it that way, I had a
    look at alt.cad, all it seems to contain is spam and we don't want
    this group to end up that way.Any percieved spammers will be jumped on
    by the group collectively.
    Bret, Oct 16, 2003
  17. Bruce Simpson wrote:
    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:52:41 +1300, "kevin breedveld"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I wasn't aware of the nz.biz.misc group, and will restrict the
    >> announcements of new technology to that group in the future. Silly
    >> of me to assume readers of nz.comp & nz.tech would be interested in
    >> hearing about the latest releases of software.
    >>
    >> Press Release/Product Announcements are common and welcomed in the
    >> CAD groups and I assumed the nz groups we the same.

    In my experience they are welcomed only in ngs that have limited scope with
    a relatively small number of subscribers and therefore this applies to niche
    products of which usually there are very few. Posting levels are usually
    low and the number of 'ads' of this sort even lower. For the vast majority
    of ngs posting 'ads' is specifically prohibited - ususally in the charter.

    >> How do you people ever hear about new products if you censer the
    >> content?

    > Kevin, you use one of the many ethical marketing techniques available
    > to you on the Net.

    [snip]

    Personally I read industry-related press. Usenet in general is also a good
    source - for example in these ngs people frequently identify new products
    and seek feedback before buying. The overall intent is that postings not be
    diluted by 'ads' because if this were done the volume of 'ads' would swamp
    the volume of 'non-ads'. Those of us seeking commercial information prefer
    to go looking for it rather then have it thrown at us.

    --
    Bryan Souster
    For acronyms (IIRC, TIA etc) visit www.acronymfinder.com for the meanings.
    Bryan Souster, Oct 16, 2003
  18. kevin breedveld

    > I wasn't aware of the nz.biz.misc group, and will restrict the

    announcements
    > of new technology to that group in the future. Silly of me to assume

    readers
    > of nz.comp & nz.tech would be interested in hearing about the latest
    > releases of software.
    >
    > Press Release/Product Announcements are common and welcomed in the CAD
    > groups and I assumed the nz groups we the same.
    >
    > How do you people ever hear about new products if you censer the content?
    > --
    > Kevin

    How do you Apes know where to get the best deals for your bananas? Do you
    see the supermarkets advertising their goods in the newsgroups?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 17, 2003
  19. newsgroup topic

    (repost as was up the thread and Bruce may not have seen- first posting via
    Google news)

    kevin breedveld, Oct 17, 2003