    has this model.
    thanks, J

    , Apr 4, 2006

  2. Bill Guest

    wrote:
    > Radio Shack has a Presidian DVD recorder for $100.00, does anyone have
    > one? I have seen so many cheap ones that are junk. I understand this
    > one is not junk but works very well. I like to hear from someone who
    > has this model.
    > thanks, J

    About a month ago I purchased, from Best Buy, a Lite-On DVD recorder
    that is essentially the same model as the Presidian DVD recorder from
    Radio Shack (model #LVW-1107).

    For the money, I couldn't be more pleased. The timer has worked
    flawlessly, the unit stays incredibly cool during operation, and
    recorded image quality is surprisingly good, with decent lip sync
    maintained as well. It has had no problems with blank media, the unit
    offers PAL to NTSC conversion, and there's even a region-free mode that
    can be accessed via a few remote control keypresses.

    The biggest omission is the total absence of an S-Video
    connector--though there are component outputs. A decent workaround over
    here has involved running the composite out signal through my JVC Super
    VHS deck first, which cleans things up noticeably.

    I had returned two name brand DVD recorders before trying the Lite-On as
    a last ditch effort. A Pansonic unit was plagued with faint but
    noticeable interference bars that were coming from the video input
    section, and an identical replacement unit exhibited the same issue. A
    Toshiba unit suffered from no interference, but was so fussy about blank
    media that I returned it in frustration. The Lite-On recorder is
    somewhat stripped down in comparison to the other two, but it has
    performed the basics quite well--and that's mainly all that I wanted
    from a DVD recorder.

    Bill, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Guest

    I understand that the DVDs made on the Radio Shack Presidian DVD
    recorder can't be played on other DVD players and recorders. Is this
    true?
    thanks, Jeff
    please email me at:

    , Apr 17, 2006
  4. unclejr Guest

    wrote:
    > I understand that the DVDs made on the Radio Shack Presidian DVD
    > recorder can't be played on other DVD players and recorders. Is this
    > true?

    If that's the case, then why would you even consider buying it?

    -Junior

    unclejr, Apr 17, 2006
  5. Guest

    Don't you just have to finalize the disc for playback in other units??

    , Apr 18, 2006