Preserve custom searchplugins by about:config/prefs.js relocate?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Splibbilla, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    just an idea... leading to question:

    can we preserve custom searchplugins by resetting default location of all searchplugins... store our src's in a folder (1)

    and resetting that path in *some* variable using about:config.. and about:config would store the path in prefs.js ..

    and since prefs.js are in Proflies,they will not be overwritten when update/reinstall firefox|Mozilla|Gecko.

    ------
    possibly there are other files, besides src's, that some users would like to preserve when installing ff/moz updates.

    i should take some time... google this.. poke in my computer... especially since i think i was experimenting with this by setting
    paths to searchplugins with a custom prefsbar item... but i'm running low on time... 'scuse me..:)

    1 maybe store src's in Profiles folder.. especially good if our Profiles folder is already conveniently backed up.

    --
    Usually java off, js on. If can, choose Bookmarklet rather than XPI, to reduce 'bloat'. Update often.
    1 WinXp,Ff1.0.2 GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView, and???
    Splibbilla, Apr 9, 2005