    equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP provider,
    but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.

    Anyone got any ideas?

    newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk, Aug 10, 2005

  2. newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk

    Jono Guest

    <newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
    > VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
    > equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP
    > provider,
    > but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    I've used a Sipura SPA3000 connected to an analogue extension. I would dial
    the extension number of the SPA and be presented with a VOIP dial tone.

    Jono, Aug 10, 2005

  3. newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > <newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to
    >> present a VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are
    >> many analogue equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office
    >> switch to a VoIP provider,
    >> but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas?

    > I've used a Sipura SPA3000 connected to an analogue extension. I
    > would dial the extension number of the SPA and be presented with a
    > VOIP dial tone.

    The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM has an ISDN port, you can connect it to the
    analogue exchange line ports of a PABX and do it that way perhaps..? I
    don't know, I've never used ISDN but it's in the blurb for the device, see
    www.avm.de/en

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 10, 2005
  4. newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk

    Ian Guest

    > I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
    > VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
    > equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP

    provider,
    > but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    Hi

    Vegastream do business grade ones , But be prepaired for a shock as to cost.
    they have 2 types avalible one with 4 BRI and one 4 BRI + 4
    If its one or 2 BRI you need have a look at AVM boxes.

    Ian

    Ian, Aug 10, 2005
  5. newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk

    John Daragon Guest

    newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk wrote:
    > I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
    > VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
    > equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP provider,
    > but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    http:/www.asterisk.org

    jd

    --

    John Daragon
    argv[0] limited (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)

    John Daragon, Aug 10, 2005
  6. newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk

    John Daragon Guest

    John Daragon wrote:
    > newsgroups@djguk_spam.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
    >> VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
    >> equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP
    >> provider,
    >> but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas?

    > http:/www.asterisk.org

    Actually, that was a bit terse, wasn't it ?

    A cheap PC running Asterisk under Linux (both free), with a cheap (£300)
    Digium E1 card (for PRI) or an AVM BRI card (1,2,or 4 port), and you can
    trunk out (or receive) SIP, IAX2 or H.323 traffic really well.

    jd

    John Daragon, Aug 11, 2005