    DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a presentation
    of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD player/remote.

    thank you for any insight!
    trs80, Apr 6, 2007

  2. trs80

    CoMa Guest

    On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:47:48 GMT, "trs80" <> wrote:

    >Is there software that will allow one to create a DVD to present still
    >pictures from a digital camera from a DVD player on the television? Im
    >hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn a
    >DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a presentation
    >of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD player/remote.

    Most DVD players has a built-in function for showing up JPG files
    as a slideshow.

    Or you can use a DVD photo slideshow maker like
    MemoriesOnTV http://www.codejam.com/
    VSO PhotoDVD http://www.vso-software.fr/products/photodvd/photodvd.php
    DVD Slideshow GUI http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/
    CoMa, Apr 6, 2007

  3. trs80

    BR549 Guest

    "trs80" <> wrote in message
    > Is there software that will allow one to create a DVD to present still
    > pictures from a digital camera from a DVD player on the television? Im
    > hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn
    > a DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a
    > presentation of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD player/remote.
    >
    > thank you for any insight!

    There are dozens available, just google dvd slideshow software. I happen to
    prefer Memories on TV available here:
    http://www.codejam.com/
    BR549, Apr 6, 2007
  4. trs80 wrote:

    > Is there software that will allow one to create a DVD to present still
    > pictures from a digital camera from a DVD player on the television? Im
    > hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn a
    > DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a presentation
    > of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD player/remote.

    I'm assuming you're asking for Windows, as children can do it on Mac OSX.

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Apr 6, 2007
  5. trs80

    Telstar Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > trs80 wrote:
    >
    >> Is there software that will allow one to create a DVD to present still
    >> pictures from a digital camera from a DVD player on the television? Im
    >> hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn
    >> a DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a
    >> presentation of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD
    >> player/remote.

    > I'm assuming you're asking for Windows, as children can do it on Mac OSX.
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    Gratuitous crappy observation.
    Telstar, Apr 7, 2007
  6. "trs80" <> wrote in message
    > Is there software that will allow one to create a DVD to present still
    > pictures from a digital camera from a DVD player on the television? Im
    > hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn
    > a DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a
    > presentation of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD player/remote.

    Firstly, keep in mind you can't do .gif files. Most DVD players won't read
    them and even worse they are only 256 color. Stick with .jpg which you can
    normally just burn to a CD and stick in your DVD player.
    Hole In The Earth \(I'm Out\), Apr 7, 2007
  7. trs80

    Justin Guest

    Telstar wrote on [Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:53:34 -0700]:

    > "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    >> trs80 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there software that will allow one to create a DVD to present still
    >>> pictures from a digital camera from a DVD player on the television? Im
    >>> hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn
    >>> a DVD that can be played in a television DVD player and allow a
    >>> presentation of the pictures to be managed by using the DVD
    >>> player/remote.

    >> I'm assuming you're asking for Windows, as children can do it on Mac OSX.
    >>
    >> Derek Janssen
    >>

    > Gratuitous crappy observation.

    That would be 99.8% of Derek's reason for living.
    Justin, Apr 8, 2007
  8. trs80

    dabas Guest

    On Apr 7, 12:47 am, "trs80" <> wrote:
    > Is there software that will allow one to create aDVDto present still
    > pictures from a digital camera from aDVDplayer on the television? Im
    > hoping there is software that will takes .gifs and organize them and burn aDVDthat can be played in a televisionDVDplayer and allow a presentation
    > of the pictures to be managed by using theDVDplayer/remote.
    >
    > thank you for any insight!

    You can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is very powerful and very
    popular now, many friends and I like it very much. It's very easy to
    create a customized DVD slide show with photos and videos, and I can
    add music, transitions, and motion effects and make beautiful DVD
    menus. To be important, it has great photo and video editing function
    that can meet all our needs. And it is easy to crop music to sync with
    slideshow. Also, we can create .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .3gp movies from
    videos in other formats for our iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell Phones,
    Youtube .etc.

    You can download it free here
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.php?sid=8
    And a specific tutorial is here
    http://www.photo-collage-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452
    Some useful information such as tips to make slideshow awesome is
    here:
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/other/popular-way-to-hold-memory.html
    If you have a legal version of windows XP, you can get a free program,
    Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP. It can do some basic
    functions.
    http://www.microsoft.com

    Hope this helps!
    dabas, Apr 9, 2007
  9. trs80

    trs80 Guest

    OK. that might be good enough for me. Just to put .jpgs in a disk to view
    on CD. I did review the DVD player (Oppo) and it does that. I assume you
    can put those on DVD too?

    trs80, Apr 9, 2007
  10. trs80

    trs80 Guest