Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Mike Sun, Nov 24, 2007.

  1. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
    incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
    problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.

    I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
    without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
    successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.

    So I'm wondering where in the SPA3102 configuration do I enter the
    land-line phone number and if there are any other settings I may have
    missed - there are so many to choose from!

    On my "HT-488" ATA, I place the phone number under "SIP User ID" (assigned
    user ID or phone number) with Display Name left blank for CLID to work just
    fine.

    Any advice would be most welcome - Cheers from Mike.

    Oh by the way, I am on the latest firmware for the SPA 3102 - 5.1.7 (GW)
    Mike Sun, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Mike Sun

    Max Power Guest

    Mike Sun wrote:
    > I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
    > incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
    > problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.
    >
    > I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
    > without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
    > successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.
    >
    > So I'm wondering where in the SPA3102 configuration do I enter the
    > land-line phone number and if there are any other settings I may have
    > missed - there are so many to choose from!
    >
    > On my "HT-488" ATA, I place the phone number under "SIP User ID" (assigned
    > user ID or phone number) with Display Name left blank for CLID to work just
    > fine.
    >
    > Any advice would be most welcome - Cheers from Mike.
    >
    > Oh by the way, I am on the latest firmware for the SPA 3102 - 5.1.7 (GW)

    Mike, Have a look down this newsgroup for an answer to a similar post by
    TheDragon on 13th September. It worked for me using a PAPT :)
    Max Power, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Max Power" <> wrote in message

    > Mike, Have a look down this newsgroup for an answer to a similar post by
    > TheDragon on 13th September. It worked for me using a PAPT :)

    That fixed it - many thanks.

    I never thought of swapping over the User ID with the Auth ID fields and
    enabling the Auth ID instead. Placing the phone number in the User ID field
    solved the problem and Caller-ID presentation now works.

    Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Nov 24, 2007
  4. Mike Sun wrote:
    > I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline
    > for incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I
    > have no problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.
    >
    > I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
    > without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
    > successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.
    >
    > So I'm wondering where in the SPA3102 configuration do I enter the
    > land-line phone number and if there are any other settings I may have
    > missed - there are so many to choose from!
    >
    > On my "HT-488" ATA, I place the phone number under "SIP User ID"
    > (assigned user ID or phone number) with Display Name left blank for
    > CLID to work just fine.
    >
    > Any advice would be most welcome - Cheers from Mike.
    >
    > Oh by the way, I am on the latest firmware for the SPA 3102 - 5.1.7
    > (GW)

    Display name can be whatever you want.

    User ID: Your verified number you want displaying.
    Auth ID: Your VoIPCheap username.
    Use Auth ID: YES.

    That's it.

    --
    http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Nov 24, 2007
  5. Mike Sun

    Sinna Guest

    Mike Sun wrote:
    > I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
    > incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
    > problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.
    >
    > I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
    > without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
    > successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.

    Can you explain how you did this? I wasn't able to have it working yet.

    Thx!

    Sinna
    Sinna, Nov 26, 2007
  6. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Sinna" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Sun wrote:
    >> I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
    >> incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
    >> problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.
    >>
    >> I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
    >> without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
    >> successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.

    > Can you explain how you did this? I wasn't able to have it working yet.
    >
    > Thx!
    >
    > Sinna

    You mean how I get CLID presention for incoming calls? This just worked for
    me without changing any default settings on the SPA3102. Do come back if you
    are asking something else. Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Nov 26, 2007
  7. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    Re: Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102 - Another Tip

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Display name can be whatever you want.
    >
    > User ID: Your verified number you want displaying.
    > Auth ID: Your VoIPCheap username.
    > Use Auth ID: YES.
    >

    > That's it.

    Thanks for that.

    Here is another tip if you want to present a different phone number in each
    of the 4 Gateway accounts available on the "Line 1" configuration page
    (SPA3000/3102).

    Instead of entering just e.g. sip.voipcheap.com enter
    [phone-number]@sip.voipcheap.com where [phone-number] is one of your
    registered numbers with the provider. Thus one is effectively entering both
    "User ID" and "Auth ID" in the Gateway setup.

    So for instance I have sipgate.co.uk as the default "Proxy and Registration"
    account to allow incoming calls (together with the BT landline for incoming)
    and voipcheap.com as the Gateway 1 account for most outgoing calls (with BT
    failover).

    Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Nov 28, 2007
  8. Mike Sun

    Jono Guest

    Re: Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102 - Another Tip

    Mike Sun was thinking very hard :
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Display name can be whatever you want.
    >>
    >> User ID: Your verified number you want displaying.
    >> Auth ID: Your VoIPCheap username.
    >> Use Auth ID: YES.
    >>

    >> That's it.
    >>

    > Thanks for that.
    >
    > Here is another tip if you want to present a different phone number in each
    > of the 4 Gateway accounts available on the "Line 1" configuration page
    > (SPA3000/3102).
    >
    > Instead of entering just e.g. sip.voipcheap.com enter
    > [phone-number]@sip.voipcheap.com where [phone-number] is one of your
    > registered numbers with the provider. Thus one is effectively entering both
    > "User ID" and "Auth ID" in the Gateway setup.

    Brilliant!

    Why didn't I think of that?

    Cheers
    Jono, Nov 28, 2007