    lbbss Guest

    Anyone heard of such at thing. It is suppose to reduce stress on your
    eyes. Programmers often use them. Anyone try such a thing?

    lbbss, Feb 2, 2005

  2. lbbss

    Mellowed Guest

    I use prescription glasses, but only because the distance is 'in between' my
    bifocals for reading and distance. Not just because it is a monitor.

    Mellowed, Feb 2, 2005

  3. lbbss

    Guest

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:02:40 -0500, "lbbss" <> wrote:

    |> Anyone heard of such at thing. It is suppose to reduce stress on your
    |> eyes. Programmers often use them. Anyone try such a thing?

    Using polarized glasses will reduce eye strain, for the flicker caused
    by monitors in interlace mode. it's rare to find a monitor now that has
    to use interlace to fudge resolution.

    --

    , Feb 2, 2005
  4. lbbss

    geopelia Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:02:40 -0500, "lbbss" <> wrote:
    >
    > |> Anyone heard of such at thing. It is suppose to reduce stress on your
    > |> eyes. Programmers often use them. Anyone try such a thing?
    > |>

    > Using polarized glasses will reduce eye strain, for the flicker caused
    > by monitors in interlace mode. it's rare to find a monitor now that has
    > to use interlace to fudge resolution.
    >
    > --

    I have them. My normal glasses (bifocals) are not suitable for a computer,
    as I have to bob my head up and down like a chicken drinking to see the
    monitor and the keyboard.

    My computer glasses are specially made to stop the glare from the screen. I
    think they are just coated, I don't notice any polarization with them. I
    also have a glass screen that fits over the monitor and removes some glare,
    and I have the screen coloured green also.

    With all that, I can work on the computer for about an hour before I feel
    any eyestrain. I don't notice any flicker, but I don't know what interlace
    mode is so may not be using it.

    Get the glasses and see how comfortable you are with them. I'll certainly be
    getting another pair as my eyes change with age.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Feb 3, 2005