    Regards

    Respond to the grouo or to brother_rabbit(@)hotmail.com (remove the () to
    respond)

    Not Me, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Not Me

    Carol2 Guest

    I don't believe a PC can read files written by Mac, & vice versa. I suggest
    you find a friend with a PC to download/save the file to diskette or cd for
    you.

    HTH,
    Carol2

    "Not Me" <> wrote in message
    > I've DL the SP2824.EXE (I had to use a Mac w OS 9 to access the internet)
    >
    > I've tired using the file on a flopy with the 4770 during boot up -- no

    joy.

    Carol2, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Not Me

    Not Me Guest

    Did that and had a long email converstion with compaq tech support. The
    file was the wrong one (dispite what the HP web site stated).

    got the correct one (?) and still no joy.

    tech support recommed taking it to CompUSA but this is a freebe trying to
    set up a donated PC for a (very) low income person.

    I'm not ready to give up yet.

    Not Me, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Not Me

    Carol2 Guest

    The best of luck to you. I commend you for trying to help the less
    fortunate. 8^)

    Carol2

    Carol2, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Not Me

    Not Me Guest

    I'm retired and have to do something productive or I'll drive my wife nuts.
    (I was crazy from the get-go)

    Found that I learn a lot working on legacy stuff trying to make/keep it
    work/ing.

    Side benefit is the joy of watching someone discover what can be had on the
    net.

    Regards & Thanks for the responce.

    Not Me, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Not Me