    Anyone have any idea how closly 70-529 matches up up with the 70-554?

    --
    Chris Mullins

    Chris Mullins, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Chris Mullins

    CaffieneRush Guest

    > Anyone have any idea how closly 70-529 matches up up with the 70-554?
    Don't know.

    However, to ease your pain about getting a substitute mock exam, you
    can save some money off during checkout (25%) with the following coupon
    code as long as you're already an MCP.
    MCPMUP252004
    http://www.measureup.com/Site/display_article.aspx?AudienceID=Individuals&id=885

    Andy

    CaffieneRush, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Thanks.

    I'll probably end up using that later tonight or tomorrow...

    --
    Chris

    Chris Mullins, Jul 12, 2006
  4. I used MeasureUp's 70-529 practice test while preparing for 70-554. It was
    good. I'd recommend it. Although, you should probably just buy the 15 day
    subscription for $55. And don't forget about the 25% discount on MeasureUp
    products for MCPs. To get the discount code, log into the MCP site and
    click on Special Offers & Events. On that page you will find a link to a
    page containing the discount code.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Jul 12, 2006
  5. "Death from Above" wrote

    > I used MeasureUp's 70-529 practice test while preparing for 70-554. It
    > was good. I'd recommend it.

    Do the MCPD Exams and Practice Exams follow the same pattern as the old MCP
    exams? That is, are the exam questions very close to the actual exam
    questions in the majority of cases?

    --
    Chris Mullins

    Chris Mullins, Jul 12, 2006
  6. I didn't find any questions on the real exam that were very similar to any
    of the practice questions. The content tested was similar but not the
    question itself.

    Death from Above, Jul 12, 2006
  7. I checked the page you mentioned on the MCP site, to get 25% off on MeasureUp
    products, but it says on their site it's only good until June 30, 2006 - do
    you know if this offer has expired for good, or will it renew at some point?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVzdGluIExhbWI=?=, Jul 14, 2006
  8. Austin Lamb wrote
    >I checked the page you mentioned on the MCP site, to get 25% off on
    >MeasureUp
    > products, but it says on their site it's only good until June 30, 2006 -
    > do
    > you know if this offer has expired for good, or will it renew at some
    > point?

    I wasn't able to get any of the MCP discounts from MeasureUP. I paid $55 for
    the 15 day test, and have used it now for 2 days. I'm heading out in about
    an hour to go take the 70-554 exam.

    I've been very happy with the Practice Exam for 70-529 exam. The questions
    have been excellent, and topic-wise, they match the questions I remember
    from the 71-554 Beta Exam back in February. It's certainly helped me address
    quite a few of the topic-area weakness that I have.

    I'm still very pleasently surprised at how much more difficult the MCTS /
    MCPD exams are over the MCSD exams.

    --
    Chris Mullins
    http://www.coversant.net/blogs/cmullins

    Chris Mullins, Jul 14, 2006
  9. There is another link a little bit further down the MCP page that doesn't
    show any expiration. I just did a test though and it didn't work for the 15
    day items but it did work for 30 or more day purchases. That's probably a
    bug in their system. If you want the discount on a 15 day item, then I
    would call and complain to them (800) 649-1MUP.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Jul 14, 2006
  10. "Chris Mullins" <> wrote:

    > I've been looking for sample tests, but none of the vendors offer one for
    > this exam. The closest that I've been able to find are sample tests for
    > 70-529 which is the MCTS Distributed Application Development exam.
    > MeasureUp! offers this test, but it's $100.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea how closly 70-529 matches up up with the 70-554?

    Now that I've just taken (and passed) the 70-554 exam, I can say the
    MeasureUp practice test really wasn't particularly useful.

    Many of the questions on the 554 exam weren't represented at all in the
    MeasureUp exam, and many of the questions in the MeasureUp exam turned out
    not to be asked in the 554 exam. Overall it was still somewhat helpfull,
    although I think I would have gotten very close to the same score without
    having taken the practice exam.

    .... Anway, I'm now a MCPD Enterprise Developer. Wohoo! :)

    --
    Chris Mullins

    Chris Mullins, Jul 14, 2006
  11. Congratulations!

    Any recommendations on study materials? With the self-paced training kit
    being so far away, I have no wish to wait for it. I'm trying to find other
    sources of study materials, but as this cert is so new, there's not much out
    there.

    I know you can't say exactly what was on the test, but could you share,
    perhaps, which things were on it to a greater degree than you expected?
    Like, which topics seem to be the key areas to focus on in studying?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVzdGluIExhbWI=?=, Jul 14, 2006
  12. "Austin Lamb" wrote
    [70-554 Exam]
    > Any recommendations on study materials? With the self-paced training kit
    > being so far away, I have no wish to wait for it. I'm trying to find
    > other
    > sources of study materials, but as this cert is so new, there's not much
    > out
    > there.

    I really don't know of any study materials. The only one I used for the MCPD
    exams was the MeasureUp test, and I found that to be of limited value. I
    personally learned quite a bit by taking it - unfortunatly what I learned
    wasn't really what was on the test.

    > I know you can't say exactly what was on the test, but could you share,
    > perhaps, which things were on it to a greater degree than you expected?
    > Like, which topics seem to be the key areas to focus on in studying?

    The thing I had the hardest time with, and disliked the most on the test,
    was having to know all the configuration file stuff so well. Memorizing the
    various configuration schema's isn't high on my list of enjoyable thing to
    do, so when I need to know exactly where a particular element needs to go, I
    look it up in the help.I'm not sure if I disliked it becuase I had a hard
    time with it, or had a hard time with it because I disliked it. Either way,
    I though this was represented out of proportion to the other things they
    could have asked.

    --
    Chris Mullins

    Chris Mullins, Jul 15, 2006