    Eureka California
    So as you can see my case needs some work. I ordered a blue sleeving kit from xoxide.com to take care of my serious wiremanagement issue. Next week or so I will dremel my fan holes open so there is more airflow then sometime this week I am going to stop by the hardwarestore and get some krylon paint for the inside of my case. I need to order a rocker switch for the front drive bay to switch the case LEDS on/off. I will let you know when my supplies come in and start the modding!
    [​IMG]

    Ludnix, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Ludnix

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Those X-Dreamer cases make a good starting point for mods......;) I had one a few years back (X-Dreamer 1) That's where I started modding cases.........:)

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Ludnix

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    not bad... Add some UV WM, and some Fan grills (the side panel) and your all set :D

    unholy, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Ludnix

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Not bad at all. You've got a pretty awesome case, pal. I wish I had one like yours. I currently have a cheap generic (and very ugly) case.
    Good luck in your Case Modding.

    zachig, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Ludnix

    Ludnix

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Eureka California
    I might get some UV cathodes if I can find a light and fan controller like the one I have for 3.5inch bays. I will probably order fan grills, but I am the tend to learn the hard way and probably won't order them until my finger gets a nice slice cut into it :p
    Wow, I just realized my LED in the top left corner of the case is not very bright for some reason. When I take the case apart to paint it I will fix the connection or replace it :(

    Ludnix, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Ludnix

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    The blue looks very nice.. could you post the front of your case because i see lots of knobs and lights.

    stlava, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Ludnix

    Ludnix

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Eureka California
    [​IMG]
    There you go :D

    Ludnix, Jul 8, 2005
  8. Ludnix

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    is the little LCD any good?
    i would replace it with a MO LCD

    unholy, Jul 8, 2005
  9. Ludnix

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Check out my site and download the PDF write-up for the Sun X-Terminal. I used a 3.5" light controller device, and it works great. I paid about $10 for it at www.svc.com.

    bigal, Jul 9, 2005
  10. Ludnix

    Ludnix

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Eureka California
    Does it have a built in inverter?

    Ludnix, Jul 9, 2005
  11. Ludnix

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    No, it's a controller. You plug your inverter into this device, and the controller adjusts the voltage going to the inverter. So if you have two dual-cold cathode tube inverters, you can control four cold cathode lights.

    bigal, Jul 9, 2005
  12. Ludnix

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    PS, i hope it doesn't over voltage... that would be stupid .... :| BOOM

    unholy, Jul 9, 2005
  13. Ludnix

    Ludnix

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Eureka California
    I was looking for a device with a built in inverter. Maybe I will just get this though.

    Ludnix, Jul 9, 2005
  14. Ludnix

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Cooler Master dual cold cathode light kits from www.svc.com come with an inverter, a PCI bracket switch, and cost less than $5. That's so cheap, you shouldn't worry about finding a device with built-in inverter so you can just buy two cold cathode tubes (which will generally cost you more than the kit anyway).
    Over-voltage concerns? Not too likely, especially if you don't see some amplification devices (transistors) in the controller device. It's likely just going to provide up to the PSU-provided voltage (12 V) and pass that on to the inverter. As it goes through the lighting effects (as a controller device), its reducing this voltage to varying levels.

    bigal, Jul 9, 2005
  15. Ludnix

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    well, cool, i am not a electrician with like 40 years experience, but a fan did that to me before... it went NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KA BOOOOOOOOOOOM :|

    unholy, Jul 11, 2005
  16. Ludnix

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    LOL..that sucks for ya, unholy.
    I used to want that case b4...but I got X-Styler anyway.. Xoxide's. But now I want either Ultra Dragon Glossy dark blue or X-Superalien blue case.

    Technoholic, Jul 13, 2005
  17. Ludnix

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You know what sound a humoid makes when high voltage is applied? I don't either, but we can ping a prison and ask the Warden.... :angel:

    bigal, Jul 13, 2005
  18. Ludnix

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am confused stop it or i will sue :| (just kidding :D)
    Whats a Humoid? whats this meaning ur trying to tell me :|?

    unholy, Jul 13, 2005
  19. Ludnix

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    This will remain....

    ...a mystery for now. Check back in 421 hours for an update to this thread... :shock:

    bigal, Jul 13, 2005
  20. Ludnix

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i can't wait that long, tell me now i demend it of u :(

    unholy, Jul 13, 2005