    WRONG things. Would others care to comment on the worthiness of their
    practice tools? Do others have reconmendations (for other vendors) as I
    progress through different exams? Thanks!
    Mike, Jan 20, 2005

  2. How about trying to actually learn instead of using a practice exam to help
    you. Read books get hands-on and learn something.

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..
    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased the PrepLogic Practice Exam for 70-210 Exam. Have
    > others experienced incomplete questions/answers to multiple questions?

    Their
    > test will say two answers are correct, but then their answers will say

    three
    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 20, 2005

  3. Mike

    T-Bone Guest

    <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > How about trying to actually learn instead of using a practice exam to

    help
    > you. Read books get hands-on and learn something.

    What's wrong with using legitimate practice exams to evaluate your knowledge
    of the material? Granted you can't use them to learn the material. As long
    as they aren't br@indumps, its a good way to see if you are ready for the
    exam.

    I would suggest to the OP that they contact the company and/or see if they
    have any errata posted on their web site.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Jan 21, 2005
  4. He did say practice exams for evaluate his knowledge, he said to learn. You
    are correct however. I personally prefer the MeasureUP practice exams.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 21, 2005
  5. Mike

    Kurt Hudson Guest

    Yes, there is bogus information in the PrepLogic material.
    I have found several items. I personally like the Self
    Test Software, but I've only used them for the 70-284.
    That went very well and I like the online mentor feature.
    I thought it was going to be useless, but I actually got
    someone to answer technical questions online. I used to
    think Transcender was the best, but they just bury you
    will material trying to cover their Guarantee. I don't
    care about the guarantee as much as getting the concepts
    as quickly and easily as possible.

    Anyways, I am very picky when it comes to stuff like this,
    so I am sure I will eventually find something wrong with
    Self Test Software. For now, though, I would say they are
    the best I have seen for these new exams.

    Hands on experience is important. Unfortunately, the new
    simulation testing doesn't work like the real operating
    system, so even hands-on won't really help. You pretty
    much have to get lucky on that. I did the first time I
    tried, but most of my simulations worked (only one didn't
    allow me to complete the assigned task). However, I had
    several colleagues who failed the 290 exam because they
    couldn't do what the simulation question wanted them to do
    because the buttons didn't work correctly. I think the
    simulations are a terrible implementation of what was a
    good idea. They just cannot seem to get that right. Just
    like the IIS 4.0 exam all over again. That was a nightmare
    and these new simulations are looking like they will also
    be a nightmare. Terrible stuff. The colleagues who failed
    were all network administrators with plenty of experience
    to pass those exams, they just couldn't make the
    simulations work.

    inches/second

    Kurt Hudson, Apr 14, 2005