PrepLogic book by Gunderloy

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by slinky, Aug 13, 2007.

  1. slinky

    slinky Guest

    Just a question on a 70-310 lab. This is a longshot if anyone is using
    this book. I'm studying 70-305 currently but I'm looking at an old lab
    on page 912 of the 70-310 book which is a lab about adding data to a
    database through an .aspx form with textboxes and a submit button.
    Just wondering if anyone was familiar with this one. Several things
    are stumping me on this one. Thanks!
    slinky, Aug 13, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. slinky

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Aug 13, 7:55 pm, slinky <> wrote:
    > Just a question on a 70-310 lab. This is a longshot if anyone is using
    > this book. I'm studying 70-305 currently but I'm looking at an old lab
    > on page 912 of the 70-310 book which is a lab about adding data to a
    > database through an .aspx form with textboxes and a submit button.
    > Just wondering if anyone was familiar with this one. Several things
    > are stumping me on this one. Thanks!


    I have that book. What problems do you have ? Tell me the lab no.
    (Step by step no. xx)
    Cerebrus, Aug 13, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. slinky

    slinky Guest

    Step-ByStep # A-12 on pp912-913
    To make it simple I just have one textbox associated with a database
    (Assets) with just one column (Assets992).

    Imports System.Data
    Imports System.Data.OleDb
    Public Class Default5
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
    ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim cnn As OleDbConnection = _
    New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    Server.MapPath("Assets.mdb") & "Initial Catalog=Assets992;Integrated
    Security=SSPI")
    Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet()
    Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter()
    Dim cmdSelect As OleDbCommand = _
    cnn.CreateCommand()
    cmdSelect.CommandType = CommandType.Text
    cmdSelect.CommandText = _
    "SELECT AssetNumber FROM Assets992"
    Dim cmdInsert As OleDbCommand = _
    cnn.CreateCommand()
    cmdInsert.CommandType = CommandType.Text
    cmdInsert.CommandText = _
    "INSERT INTO Assets992 AssetNumber VALUES(@AssetNumber)"
    cmdInsert.Parameters.Add("@AssetNumber", OleDbType.WChar, 10,
    "AssetNumber")
    Dim SourceVersion As DataRowVersion
    SourceVersion = DataRowVersion.Original
    da.SelectCommand = cmdSelect
    da.InsertCommand = cmdInsert
    da.Fill(ds, "Assets992")
    End Sub

    Private Sub btnAdd_Click( _
    ByVal sender As System.Object, _
    ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAdd.Click
    Dim cnn As OleDbConnection = _
    New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    Server.MapPath("Assets.mdb") & "Initial Catalog=Assets992;Integrated
    Security=SSPI")
    Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet()
    Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter()
    Dim dr As DataRow = ds.Tables("Assets992").NewRow()
    dr(0) = txtAssetNumber.Text
    ds.Tables("Assets992").Rows.Add(dr)
    da.Update(ds, "Assets")
    End Sub
    End Class

    Keep gettinmg this:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
    status value, if available. No work was done.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
    information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Multiple-step OLE
    DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if
    available. No work was done.

    Source Error:


    Line 24: da.SelectCommand = cmdSelect
    Line 25: da.InsertCommand = cmdInsert
    Line 26: da.Fill(ds, "Assets992")
    Line 27: End Sub
    Line 28: Private Sub btnAdd_Click( _


    Source File: E:\kunden\homepages\26\d190091667\Default5.aspx.vb
    Line: 26

    Stack Trace:


    [OleDbException (0x80040e21): Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated
    errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was
    done.]

    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString
    constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper) +209

    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString
    constr, OleDbConnection connection) +118

    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
    options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool,
    DbConnection owningObject) +53

    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +27

    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection) +47

    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +37
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset,
    DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
    srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +121
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior) +137
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
    srcTable) +83
    Default5.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\kunden
    \homepages\26\d190091667\Default5.aspx.vb:26
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    +1061




    On Aug 13, 12:17 pm, Cerebrus <> wrote:
    > On Aug 13, 7:55 pm, slinky <> wrote:
    >
    > > Just a question on a 70-310 lab. This is a longshot if anyone is using
    > > this book. I'm studying 70-305 currently but I'm looking at an old lab
    > > on page 912 of the 70-310 book which is a lab about adding data to a
    > > database through an .aspx form with textboxes and a submit button.
    > > Just wondering if anyone was familiar with this one. Several things
    > > are stumping me on this one. Thanks!

    >
    > I have that book. What problems do you have ? Tell me the lab no.
    > (Step by step no. xx)
    slinky, Aug 13, 2007
    #3
  4. slinky

    bounceguy Guest

    That error normally indicates that a value is too large to be written to a
    field in a database.

    "slinky" wrote:

    > Step-ByStep # A-12 on pp912-913
    > To make it simple I just have one textbox associated with a database
    > (Assets) with just one column (Assets992).
    >
    > Imports System.Data
    > Imports System.Data.OleDb
    > Public Class Default5
    > Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    > Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
    > ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    > Dim cnn As OleDbConnection = _
    > New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    > Server.MapPath("Assets.mdb") & "Initial Catalog=Assets992;Integrated
    > Security=SSPI")
    > Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet()
    > Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter()
    > Dim cmdSelect As OleDbCommand = _
    > cnn.CreateCommand()
    > cmdSelect.CommandType = CommandType.Text
    > cmdSelect.CommandText = _
    > "SELECT AssetNumber FROM Assets992"
    > Dim cmdInsert As OleDbCommand = _
    > cnn.CreateCommand()
    > cmdInsert.CommandType = CommandType.Text
    > cmdInsert.CommandText = _
    > "INSERT INTO Assets992 AssetNumber VALUES(@AssetNumber)"
    > cmdInsert.Parameters.Add("@AssetNumber", OleDbType.WChar, 10,
    > "AssetNumber")
    > Dim SourceVersion As DataRowVersion
    > SourceVersion = DataRowVersion.Original
    > da.SelectCommand = cmdSelect
    > da.InsertCommand = cmdInsert
    > da.Fill(ds, "Assets992")
    > End Sub
    >
    > Private Sub btnAdd_Click( _
    > ByVal sender As System.Object, _
    > ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAdd.Click
    > Dim cnn As OleDbConnection = _
    > New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    > Server.MapPath("Assets.mdb") & "Initial Catalog=Assets992;Integrated
    > Security=SSPI")
    > Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet()
    > Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter()
    > Dim dr As DataRow = ds.Tables("Assets992").NewRow()
    > dr(0) = txtAssetNumber.Text
    > ds.Tables("Assets992").Rows.Add(dr)
    > da.Update(ds, "Assets")
    > End Sub
    > End Class
    >
    > Keep gettinmg this:
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
    > status value, if available. No work was done.
    > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    > the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
    > information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Multiple-step OLE
    > DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if
    > available. No work was done.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    >
    > Line 24: da.SelectCommand = cmdSelect
    > Line 25: da.InsertCommand = cmdInsert
    > Line 26: da.Fill(ds, "Assets992")
    > Line 27: End Sub
    > Line 28: Private Sub btnAdd_Click( _
    >
    >
    > Source File: E:\kunden\homepages\26\d190091667\Default5.aspx.vb
    > Line: 26
    >
    > Stack Trace:
    >
    >
    > [OleDbException (0x80040e21): Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated
    > errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was
    > done.]
    >
    > System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString
    > constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper) +209
    >
    > System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString
    > constr, OleDbConnection connection) +118
    >
    > System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
    > options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool,
    > DbConnection owningObject) +53
    >
    > System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection
    > owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +27
    >
    > System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    > owningConnection) +47
    >
    > System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    > outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
    > System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +37
    > System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset,
    > DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
    > srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +121
    > System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
    > startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    > CommandBehavior behavior) +137
    > System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
    > srcTable) +83
    > Default5.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\kunden
    > \homepages\26\d190091667\Default5.aspx.vb:26
    > System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    > System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
    > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
    > includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    > +1061
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On Aug 13, 12:17 pm, Cerebrus <> wrote:
    > > On Aug 13, 7:55 pm, slinky <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just a question on a 70-310 lab. This is a longshot if anyone is using
    > > > this book. I'm studying 70-305 currently but I'm looking at an old lab
    > > > on page 912 of the 70-310 book which is a lab about adding data to a
    > > > database through an .aspx form with textboxes and a submit button.
    > > > Just wondering if anyone was familiar with this one. Several things
    > > > are stumping me on this one. Thanks!

    > >
    > > I have that book. What problems do you have ? Tell me the lab no.
    > > (Step by step no. xx)

    >
    >
    >
    bounceguy, Sep 18, 2007
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Gary
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    358
  2. Collin Heggerud
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,495
    Subat3
    Jun 26, 2009
  3. developingweb
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    486
    developingweb
    Oct 30, 2004
  4. developingweb
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    644
    developingweb
    Oct 30, 2004
  5. jat
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    352
    Kel Good
    May 22, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page