    for sale on ebay, should I / do I need buy this too?

    Regards
    Mark

    Mark, Sep 17, 2007

  2. "Mark" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > In preperation for the 70-271 exam I'm currently thumbing through
    > "Supporting users and troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP op system" by
    > Walter Glenn & Tony Northrup.
    >
    > Is this enough to get through the exam with?
    >
    > The reason I ask is that I have seen the "Microsoft Offical Course 2261B"
    > for sale on ebay, should I / do I need buy this too?
    >
    > Regards
    > Mark

    No one book or course is designed to "get you through" the exam. The
    exam, as with every certification exam, is designed to be tested by
    experienced individuals. Books, PTPs, and instructor-led training should
    be used as a supplement to experience.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 17, 2007

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks Michael,

    I currently work on an IT desk so already know some of the stuff in the book
    I have.
    I wanted to back this experience up with a certificate of some kind so
    thought I'd start with MCDST. It's just that I saw the "course 2261B" book
    after I purchased the "training kit" book, and then thought maybe I need both.
    --
    Regards
    Mark

    Mark, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Mark

    Ramon Guest

    hi mark

    i got the 70-271 with a 933 score.

    my tip: go through the MS books a lot and even install virtual pc to test
    everything as a practice.

    you should do fine.

    Ramon, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks Ramon,

    I'm already using a VM so that I don't mess my works laptop up, will re read
    the bits I've flagged in the book (which is pretty thick) prior to the exam.

    Regards
    Mark

    Mark, Sep 24, 2007
  6. Mark

    hehe Guest

    I got only 849 on 70-272 and 945 on 70-271!

    --

    ==
    http://www.big-forum.com - Object Freaking Everything!

    hehe, Oct 4, 2007