    with the Meyers book and around 95% to 100% of the questions correct of the
    more linear tests, and no I have not just memorized the answers.

    Thank you in advance.

    Robert Sanderson, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Robert Sanderson

    DaveL Guest

    I think you are ready to take it now.

    Dave

    "Robert Sanderson" <-spam.com> wrote in message
    > I am hoping that someone can answer this for me, I have being

    preparing
    > to write the A+ certification. I picked up Michael Meyer's A+

    Certification
    > guide, 4th edition.
    >
    > I seem to be getting really hi scores on the tests that came with the
    > book, however some one posted this website http://www.practiceexams.net/
    > which has a practice test on it, which I am not scoring very high on.

    These
    > tests go into much greater technical detail then Meyer's book and really
    > then I though the A+ certification went into.
    >
    > My question is does Michael Meyer's book prepare you for the exam or
    > should I look for another book which goes into more detail.
    >
    > I am regularly getting in the high 800 on the adaptive tests which

    came

    DaveL, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Robert Sanderson

    Guest

    > I seem to be getting really hi scores on the tests that came with the
    >book, however some one posted this website http://www.practiceexams.net/
    >which has a practice test on it, which I am not scoring very high on. These
    >tests go into much greater technical detail then Meyer's book and really
    >then I though the A+ certification went into.
    >
    > My question is does Michael Meyer's book prepare you for the exam or
    >should I look for another book which goes into more detail.
    >
    > I am regularly getting in the high 800 on the adaptive tests which came
    >with the Meyers book and around 95% to 100% of the questions correct of the
    >more linear tests, and no I have not just memorized the answers.
    >
    >Thank you in advance.

    The A + exam is not that hard, you should be fine with the scores your
    getting using the MM study material. You can use all these study
    guides and practice sites all you want , but you will gain the most
    knowledge from real world experience where everything is different.

    Good Luck,

    Gary

    , Oct 2, 2003
  4. Robert Sanderson

    Rob Guest

    I believe like everyone else that u r ready. I was getting high scores on
    Mike's software, then horrible scores on cert21.com and then great scores on
    braindump. Rule of thumb, if you're doing good on Mike's questions, then
    most likely u r ready.

    ~Rob

    Rob, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Thanks for the re-assurance guys. I was really socked at some of
    questions that were on this website, many of them are no even covered in the
    MM book at all. Mind you they were pretty trivial questions.

    I do have a tendency to over study for things and then feel like a knob
    afterwards because I studied to much :).

    Robert Sanderson, Oct 3, 2003
  6. On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 04:37:52 GMT, "Robert Sanderson"
    <-spam.com> wrote:

    > Thanks for the re-assurance guys. I was really socked at some of
    >questions that were on this website, many of them are no even covered in the
    >MM book at all. Mind you they were pretty trivial questions.
    >
    > I do have a tendency to over study for things and then feel like a knob
    >afterwards because I studied to much :).

    It is not possible to study too much...study some more and then slam
    dunk the test!!

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 4, 2003
  7. On 15 Oct 2003 23:20:41 GMT, (PSumerlin) wrote:

    >did the same thing, passed the hardware and failed the OS. Myers book is great
    >but inadequate for OS.

    Had you downloaded the "Essential Windows" pdf file from the
    totalsem.com website?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 17, 2003