    Thanks!!..

    --
    Alex

    Malalex, Jan 6, 2009

  2. "Malalex" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!.. I was preparing myself to gain the certification on SQL 2005, but as
    > Microsoft has released the certification for SQL 2008 I want to gain the
    > new
    > ones.
    > I have found that, in order to gain the certification 70-451 I have to
    > gain
    > the 70-433 before. Ok, my question is: how can I prepare myself if I
    > Microsoft doesn't have any educational resource? ( books are expected by
    > the
    > end of March 2009)

    Welcome to the difference between those who "study" to get certifications,

    and those who do so with product knowledge and job experience. :)

    The answer to the question is always: You prepare yourself by working with
    the product!

    Incidentally *everything* you need to pass any certification exam on a SQL
    Server product is contained withing SQL Server Books Online.

    Personally, I'd offer this alternative:

    [1] Continue preparing with the SQL 2005 materials you have. SQL 2008 added
    *new* things to SQL 2005, but there's nothing in SQL 2005 that won't be
    valid knowledge in SQL 2008.

    [2] Then focus efforts on the *new* things in SQL2008 using SQL Server Books
    Online and an eval copy of the product.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 6, 2009

  3. Malalex

    Malalex Guest

    Thanks Lawrence for the advice.
    I have already started to play with SQL 2008. I not used to learn without a
    real problem to resolve.!... :)
    Many thanks again

    --
    Alex

    Malalex, Jan 8, 2009
  4. Malalex

    Andy Guest

    Hi. I'm going to pass 70-432 exam in the middle of February and I read books
    about SQL Server 2008 which I found on the torrent networks. You can try
    them too.

    Andy, Jan 23, 2009
  5. Malalex

    Andy Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" >
    > Welcome to the difference between those who "study" to get certifications,
    > and those who do so with product knowledge and job experience. :)

    Hi, Lawrence.
    Well, and where you're sir?..
    Let me guess...
    Ahh... I know... You're one of "those who do so with product knowledge and
    job experience". It's right?
    ....And you don't need any sertification of the SQL Server 2008 because you
    already know everything about it...
    ....And your employer know about you, that you know everything...
    Good for you, sir.
    But, not for others.
    Our employers don't want to hire us or increase our salary until they will
    see our sertificates.
    That's our sad reality...

    > The answer to the question is always: You prepare yourself by working with
    > the product!

    Very smart answer!
    But in real world, no one manager of any IT department will not grant
    permission for work with real seekwell server to the guy without any SQL
    server sertificate.

    > Incidentally *everything* you need to pass any certification exam on a SQL
    > Server product is contained withing SQL Server Books Online.

    Sir, have you ever prepared yourself for passing exams strictly on resources
    from the microsoft.com?
    I don't have such expirience, and I never see anyone who did it.
    Maybe you're the first one.

    > Personally, I'd offer this alternative:
    > [1] Continue preparing with the SQL 2005 materials you have. SQL 2008
    > added *new* things to SQL 2005, but there's nothing in SQL 2005 that won't
    > be valid knowledge in SQL 2008.

    That is what I'm fully agree with.

    Andy, Jan 23, 2009
  6. "Andy" <> wrote in message

    > Our employers don't want to hire us or increase our salary until they will
    > see our sertificates.
    > That's our sad reality...

    And their sad reality is that they honestly believe your possession of the
    certification is evidence that you actually have *experience* working with
    the product.

    > But in real world, no one manager of any IT department will not grant
    > permission for work with real seekwell server to the guy without any SQL
    > server sertificate.

    This is absolutely *not* true. In fact, I'd venture a guess that upwards of
    80% of SQL Server 2000 DBAs in the world do *not* hold an MCDBA
    certification; and that upwards of 50% of SQL Server 2005 DBAs do not hold
    an MCTS on SQL Server 2005!

    >> Incidentally *everything* you need to pass any certification exam on a
    >> SQL Server product is contained withing SQL Server Books Online.

    > Sir, have you ever prepared yourself for passing exams strictly on
    > resources from the microsoft.com?

    That is the *ONLY* way I prepare for Microsoft Certification Exams! In fact,
    I didn't even use a third-party book for passing the 70-431; I used
    exclusively SQL Server Books Online and my previous knowledge of SQL Server
    2000. (Also, of note, I took the 70-229 *after* I passed the 70-431!)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 23, 2009
  7. Malalex

    RN Guest

    Hi Malalex...I be realli thankful if you suggest me some reading materials
    for this particular exam and its sources......

    RN, Jan 31, 2009
  8. Malalex

    jninal Guest

    jninal, Jan 31, 2009
  9. Malalex

    jninal Guest

    FYI:

    Transcender will be releasing a 70-433 practice test in the next week or so
    that I believe would help in your prepration.

    Also - as previously suggested - reviewing the 2008 new features would be a
    really good place to start. I passed the exam in beta, so not sure what all
    made the final cut, but these two suggestions won't steer you in the wrong
    direction - for sure.

    Best regards,

    Jan

    jninal, Jan 31, 2009
  10. Malalex

    RN Guest

    thanks Jninal, for exam 70-433 you consulted which books?

    RN, Feb 2, 2009