Preparing for 70-215

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by CJ, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. CJ

    CJ Guest

    I've spent the entire week studying my CBTnuggets DVD on the 70-215 and
    actually repeating tasks on my cheapie home network. In addition, I've
    taken notes, typed them, and have 22 pages of typewritten notes I've been
    studying.

    Today, I've spent the entire day using practice questions on Exam
    Essentials 5.0 instead of the latest version. I want to try to take this
    exam by the end of the week as it appears it is not that much different than
    the 70-210 other than RDP, RRAS, and a few other issues involving command
    line etc. I am already familiar with Shares, Active Directory and such from
    my job. This exam seems to be just a larger scale of 210. Now, being the
    whiner that I am I'm thinking there is no way possible this could be that
    close to 210. I'm thinking I need to maybe try another practice questions
    set such as Transcender's or such. Or, perhaps, I'm missing a lot of
    material from my CBT.

    I've had to use my MSPress book to cover practice questions that are not
    in my CBTnuggets. I don't know if I'm just getting used to practicing for
    exams or if it really is starting to sink into my brain. I don't want to
    waste the testing dollars if I'm not prepared, but wondering if anyone else
    is finding the 215 that much more difficult than the 210?

    Any comments from those that have passed the 215 and has any advice I'd
    certainly appreciate it. My social life has gone to squat since May 23rd
    trying to do these exams. To top it off I'm getting addicted to the
    learning process.

    Thanks in advance,
    Carolina

    CJ, Jun 29, 2003

  2. CJ

    Shing Guest

    70-215 I find it is harder then 70-210! But like you say use the review for
    the questions you are not sure, at the end if still got TIME left, review
    those questions again to see if you come up with another answer or not!
    weight out the answers! ...

    Shing.

    Shing, Jun 30, 2003

  3. CJ

    Ian Guest

    Hi,
    Don't worry! 70-215 is easily to get pass. I think you may
    try to take an exam. You will feel that what I've said.

    *70-216 and 70-218 are the exams which you should take
    care.

    Ian, Jun 30, 2003
  4. CJ

    Tamer Guest

    Hello,
    i've passed 215 and 210, 215 is actualy much easier, and
    i think you're preparing well , you may practice some
    exams, cramsession.com ,and brainbuzz.com may help you,
    Transcender is good but harder than the actuall exam.
    Alright, i hope i've helped you some, i wish you a good
    luck.
    Best Wishes,
    Tamer

    Tamer, Jun 30, 2003
  5. CJ

    Maestro Guest

    215 is not very different than 210. You may even encounter some of the same
    questions.

    Maestro, Jun 30, 2003
  6. CJ

    J Guest

    I just passed 70-215 this morning. Be prepared for 50
    questions, lots-o-exhibits, and a few IIS questions. If
    you felt comfortable with the networking portion of 70-
    210, this should be cake. Make sure, though, you know
    disk configs like the back of your hand.

    J, Jul 1, 2003
  7. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Congrats on passing your exam! How long did it take you to complete your
    exam?

    Thanks,
    Carolina

    CJ, Jul 1, 2003
  8. CJ

    ml_young Guest

    Best of Luck to you. Sounds like you've done a great job
    preparing.

    comparison in exams 210
    >versus 215. I feel most comfortable with Terminal

    Services because it
    >reminds me of Citrix Winframe. I'll peruse the feebie

    sites tonight, and
    >drill myself. Now, I've got to force myself to schedule

    it before July4th.
    >I should really be prepared by Thursday. I'll let you

    know the results.
    >Sometimes if I put off an exam I start studying and

    remembering worse! I

    ml_young, Jul 1, 2003
  9. CJ

    Noah Guest

    Know the differences well from 210 Pro than 215 Server
    - protocols in particular. There's a very distinct
    difference/focus between them.

    The Very Best of Luck to You in
    Passing!

    Noah, Jul 2, 2003