    and feel pretty confident but I want a good passing score
    and not just scrimp by. Thanks for the info.

    Jason

    Jason, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Jason

    Marko Guest

    test
    >hits harder than others. Been working with W2KPro and
    >Server for about a year now in a 400 end node enviroment
    >and feel pretty confident but I want a good passing score
    >and not just scrimp by. Thanks for the info.
    >
    >Jason
    >.

    Hello Jason

    If you have read ANY book on 216 and felt as though you
    knew the material well enough to take the test, then you
    are probably ready. Have a look through the exam
    objectives and rate yourself on how well you think you
    could write an essay on each point.

    I think the real world experience helps a lot with this
    exam. I have noticed (even through the posts in these ms
    newsgroups) that most of the individuals who have failed
    or struggled with 216 were not AS experienced with complex
    or corporate networking environments as the guys who
    nailed it and said "What beast?".

    Marko, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Jason

    Rick Guest

    As marko say real world experience helps. I passed 70-216 on my first try
    but have been working in the IS field for 13 years with the last 7
    concentrated on networking. If you look at www.microsoft.com/traincert and
    find the objectives it will be a big help for your studying. Also if you do
    not have real world experience you need to either find a lab to practice in
    or set up one at home.
    Here is a brief list of what is there
    DNS (LOTS OF THIS)
    DHCP
    IP/SUBNETTING
    GROUP POLICY ( you better know inside and out)
    --
    Rick

    Rick, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Jason

    MF Guest

    "Rod" <> wrote in message
    > I took the exam this past Monday. It was hairy - 60
    > questions, 2.5 hrs. The worst part of the test is the
    > time limit - watch your time! I had alot on IPSec and
    > Certificates... and of course the standard: DNS, DHCP,
    > WINS, etc.
    >
    > Rod

    I took it a little while ago and got what you got 60 Qs - 2.5 hours. I've
    seen people report that they had 210 minutes and various other times.
    Perhaps it addled them.

    And I agree the time is the problem - and to Jason - you might want to look
    at a practice test to prepare yourself for the type of question. The real
    problem is the time coupled with the length of the questions - many of them
    are long, incredibly wordy, full irrelevant information with the nugget you
    need to spot buried somewhere in the prolixity. There are also annoying
    drag and drop questions that are not hard in themselves but become hard as
    you try to see all the elements on the screen at the same time. I simply
    blew one off, left the question unanswered, because I couldn't get enough of
    the windows on the screen to see how to answer a what was a simple question.
    I always assumed I could leave a few questions unanswered and still pass.
    And that was the time to test the assumption. It made me a bit nervous, but
    I did pass.

    One tip- check your testing center ahead of time and try to be sure they
    have decent monitors set to a decent resolution and refresh rate. It might
    help.

    Mike

    MF, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Jason

    lost_packet Guest

    Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration
    Exam Objective : 1
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting DNS
    Exam Objective : 2
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting DHCP
    Exam Objective : 3
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting Remote Access
    Exam Objective : 4
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting Network Protocols
    Exam Objective : 5
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting WINS
    Exam Objective : 6
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting IP Routing
    Exam Objective : 7
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting NAT
    Exam Objective : 8
    Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and
    Troubleshooting Certificate Services
    best of luck...
    lost_packet

    lost_packet, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Jason

    Abhi Guest

    I agree with Rod, the time factor is really crucial. I
    took the test this Tuesday and it took me all of the
    required time to complete the test. Wordy questions as
    mentioned by a number of people.

    Also a majority of the questions tested DHCP, DNS,
    Certificates and subnetting.

    Good luck,

    Abhi

    Abhi, Sep 26, 2003