    Any suggessions etc,
    Since I have scheduled my exam for the 11th Dec 2003

    vivek

    vivek, Dec 8, 2003

  2. vivek

    Guest Guest

    Just out of curiosity.....
    How are you preparing?
    What materials do you have?
    Maybe you are not using the best materials?

    Do you have any programming experience?

    trial exams, and I have
    >failed Exam A, Exam B this has lowered my confedence a

    lot, then I noticed
    >that the pass score for the Transcender exams is 850,

    isnt that really high,
    >I thought that the pass score was 700.
    >
    >I am getting around 740 - 780 in the exams.
    >
    >Some of the questions that I have got wrong in the exam

    required really
    >knowledge about all the classes in the .NET framework ,

    like the exceptions

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003

  3. vivek

    vivek Guest

    Hi

    I am using Kalanis book and I have tried most of the examples.
    I have also made my own notes based on the stuff in Kalani's book, there are
    some question that are asked in Transcenders exams which are not present in
    the book at all.

    I am also looking that incorrect answeres in Trancenders exams and I
    understand what I am doing wrong. I have allready given 2 exams and there is
    just one more Trancender exam left to give, I am think that I should give
    that particualr exam just before the actualy exam, then on the other hand,
    In case I dont pass that exam too then I will have a problem revising the
    mistakes that I have made

    thanks
    In deep shit
    Vivek

    vivek, Dec 9, 2003
  4. vivek

    Guest

    Hi

    I finally gave the last Transcender exam and I also failed and based on the
    Question in the exam I am not at all happy with Transcender software, some
    of the crazy question in this exam were related to
    1. Visual Source Safe: Some question about two developers checking out the
    same code from Visual Source Safe and then the question was based on the
    order in which they should check the code back in - Nothing realted to .NET
    at all
    2. Hub and spoke model of deployment ????/ _ this is supposed to be a .NET
    exam not a Software Engineering exam.

    A couple of question were wrong.
    1. According to Transcender C# does not allow private constructors ?????
    private MyCache() - Is an invalid constructor

    2. Another question was like about a page long and the answere choices
    didnt contain the answere at all ...if any of you have given the
    transcender exams this question is something like realted to Sorting a
    DataView for a 'Dance Studio'. In this question you are asked to sort by
    the title and then by the duration but the answer options does not contain
    anything related to sorting by title and duration.
    3. One question contained the follwoing code snipp
    DataView ds = new DataView(myDateSet.Tables["PhoneList"], , "Name, Number,
    Style");
    I could not find this type of constructor in msdn at all..

    Final verdict .....trascender is sh*t

    <> wrote in message
    > Just out of curiosity.....
    > How are you preparing?
    > What materials do you have?
    > Maybe you are not using the best materials?
    >
    > Do you have any programming experience?

    , Dec 9, 2003
  5. vivek

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I finally gave the last Transcender exam
    ... To whom?

    Kline Sphere, Dec 9, 2003
  6. There is always going to be a few questions here and there that are not
    applicable to the real test. As far as the transcender's worth, I don't
    think that they are that bad. I used it for 316. It helps you understand how
    microsoft tests. Not what they test. If you are having difficulty with the
    transcender you may want to study a bit more. Personally, I think that
    transcender's questions are MUCH easier than the real exam.

    Dan Normington, Dec 9, 2003
  7. vivek

    Guest Guest

    hee

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  8. vivek

    Guest Guest

    Dear Vivek,

    You mentioned struggling with the core .NET stuff, like
    exception throwing.

    Here is a link to 60-day trial version of Microsoft®
    Visual Studio® .NET 2003 Professional Edition. You can
    pay ~$5 + $5 shipping. It includes all languages, VB,
    C#, J#, and CE. This should really help to understand
    the core stuff....although 60 days is not quite enough
    time. I bought it and (in my opinion) it is necessary to
    have in order to know your stuff.

    Or if you bought MSPress books, you probably got a trial
    of VS .NET, but I don't think it has everything above.

    Try this trial and see if it helps...and people here have
    suggested Kalani's book for 70-315. Kalani's book is an
    EXCELLENT suggestion....Thanks!!

    You can get 60 day trial at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?
    view=22&pcid=9fdcc2af-6b86-4ee8-9b71-90cebe8626e6&type=ovr

    I am very new to this site and this certification. So
    I'm not the best source for advise. But I can tell you
    what I've learned from this site. If you have good study
    materials and practice lots and lots and lots.....you
    have a better probability of passing.

    Jay has a cool post for probability of getting
    job....that's outta my league.

    :)

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  9. vivek

    Guest Guest

    Correction:

    >.....for probability of getting
    >job....that's outta my league.

    ......for actuality of getting job...

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  10. vivek

    vivek Guest

    :)

    vivek, Dec 10, 2003
  12. vivek

    vivek Guest

    So I should expect even tough question in the actualy exam, I guess I am
    screwed.
    I have rescheduled my exam for the 15th, that should give me some time over
    the weekend.

    I was able to answer almost all the questions in the Practice exam in
    Kalani's book, and I feel that question that are asked in the book are more
    oriented towards the exam as compared to the questions asked in Transcender,
    based on the questions that I have answered incorrectly in Transcender I am
    studying a bit more particularly in questions related to ADO.NET, coz some
    of the question related to ADO.NET required knowledge about each parameter
    of a method. Some of the methods that I have not used it my development.

    Vivek

    vivek, Dec 10, 2003
  13. vivek

    Guest Guest

    Vivek,
    I passed 316 last week, and its pass score is 700.
    I suggest if you have prepared well and got some experienc
    on C#, just go on !. Your score indeed is above 700 :)

    Rgds,

    Jody Ananda
    MCAD,MCSD.Net

    Guest, Dec 17, 2003