    MCDST Cetificate?? How can I prepare for it?? (any website/newsgroup,
    book etc) you recomend.
    Thanks a lot for the help

    esara, Apr 27, 2004

  2. esara

    Brian Guest

    I just got my A+, but I'm holding off on the MCDST. It's
    so new, I've yet to see or hear much of a demand for it.
    I'm finishing up school and graduating this quarter with a
    degree in Tech Support (very boring) and will then start
    studying for my MCP in XP. You can then use that exam to
    count towards an MCSA/MCSE.

    certification is
    >for the hardware and OS. I want to be also Software

    technician which
    >means I will be able to fix people computers (windows

    installing,
    >virus cleaning, application problem etc.) DO you think I

    should take

    Brian, Apr 27, 2004

  3. esara

    peter walker Guest

    A degree in Tech Support? Which university is this? Is it a standard 4 year
    full time degree program? Why are you doing it if its so boring? :p

    peter walker, May 1, 2004
  4. esara

    Brian Guest

    It's a two year AA degree at Bellevue Community College. I
    wanted to go into networking, but there aren't any entry
    level jobs....even with the coveted MCSE--unless you know
    someone. My strategy was to study tech support because
    thats where the entry level jobs are and then get into
    networking from there. So far, it has worked out well.
    It's just not always exciting, but not always boring
    either;)

    Brian, May 3, 2004
  5. esara

    testingsb Guest

    I've just taken the 70-270 XP MCP and the 70-271 MCDST (Part1).
    The 70-271 IS easier, but not by much. Mainly a cut down version of 270 with
    some laughable questions thrown in.

    If I were you I'd study for the 270 exam, and if you can pass that, take the
    271 without doing any further studying and you'll get an easy extra MCP

    Dont know about the 272 exam, i've got that tomorrow.
    I haven't been on the course for MCDST, experience alone should get you
    through this one.

    testingsb, May 11, 2004