    through the Vis Studio 6 MCSD and most of my MCSD .NET so I'm hoping it's
    enough for this exam.

    RH
    RockyH, Apr 16, 2005

  2. RockyH

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 16, 2005

    I took that on the 5th of April! I got a 934. I read four books of which
    I thought the Training Kit for MSPress was excellent. Definitely go through
    most of the questions on the practice test that came with the book. Before
    reading those four books, I didn't have any prior security knowledge. I was
    very pleased with the test and there was a new test engine. I like the new
    engine a whole lot more than the tests I took for MCAD, although it was a
    bit slower. Wish you luck and be Sure to post how you do! You are the only
    one that I have heard that is registered to take it! Have a great day!

    Joseph
    Bittman
    Microsoft Certified
    Application Developer

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 17, 2005

  3. RockyH

    RockyH Guest

    What were the other 3 books you used? I have
    Writing Secure Code 2nd Edition
    Threat Modelling
    and a slew of other secutiry books.

    I noticed the practice exam seems to like CAS stuff. Was the practice exam
    similar to the real test questions?

    RockyH, Apr 18, 2005
  4. April 18, 2005

    I used the two books you just mentioned and MSPress Security For Visual
    Basic .Net. I can't say how close they are to the real test, but you will
    definitely want to know CAS very well. You can also see the exam objectives
    at:

    microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-340.asp

    I wish you luck!

    Joseph Bittman MCAD, Apr 18, 2005
  5. RockyH

    RockyH Guest

    Passed 70-340

    Well I passed 70-340.
    I only got an 871, but it only took me 40 minutes to finish the exam.
    Not bad for only 5 days of study. So I don't feel too bad about it.

    For those planning on taking this exam you really need to know:
    CAS, RBS, Hardening ASP.NET apps, and Crypto/Signing. That's about as
    close as you can get without violating the NDA.

    The Self paced study guide isn't enough to pass the exam comfortably on
    it's own. I would also suggest, .NET Framework Security by Brian
    LaMacchia et. al. from Addison Wesley and Writing Secure Code 2nd
    edition by Howard and LeBlanc from MS Press in addition to the MS Press
    self-paced study guide.

    With that information, you should pass this exam comfortably.

    Good luck
    RH
    RockyH, Apr 24, 2005
  6. Hi,

    I would like to know what's the name of the books that you used for the Exam
    70-340, and if you have any books name for the exam 70-229,
    email address:

    tks, (y)

    =?Utf-8?B?clByZXNzZXI=?=, May 30, 2005