    Well, I would like one just for them without the hassle of another BT
    line.

    Suggestions most welcome.

    R Johnson, Jul 20, 2009

  2. R Johnson

    Soruk Guest

    On 2009-07-20, R Johnson <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hate to have to ask this, but does anyone know of a legitimate, cheap
    > provider for UK Premium Rate over VOIP?
    >
    > You know how you have those odd irritating customers and people that like
    > to call for no real reason for issues that are not really your issues?
    > Well, I would like one just for them without the hassle of another BT
    > line.
    >
    > Suggestions most welcome.

    Get an 0871 number and point it at your Voip-in number? (01/02/0560
    numbers are fine). The "Second Number" link in my sig is one such
    source.

    International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    Soruk, Jul 20, 2009

  3. In article <>,
    Soruk <> wrote:
    >On 2009-07-20, R Johnson <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I hate to have to ask this, but does anyone know of a legitimate, cheap
    >> provider for UK Premium Rate over VOIP?
    >>
    >> You know how you have those odd irritating customers and people that like
    >> to call for no real reason for issues that are not really your issues?
    >> Well, I would like one just for them without the hassle of another BT
    >> line.
    >>
    >> Suggestions most welcome.

    >Get an 0871 number and point it at your Voip-in number? (01/02/0560
    >numbers are fine). The "Second Number" link in my sig is one such
    >source.

    FWIW: 0871 numbers will fall under the control of phonepayPlus as of
    the 1st of August this year... So you & the wholesaler will need to be
    registered, etc.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jul 20, 2009
  4. In article <>,
    R. Mark Clayton <> wrote:

    >"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> Soruk <> wrote:

    >>>Get an 0871 number and point it at your Voip-in number? (01/02/0560
    >>>numbers are fine). The "Second Number" link in my sig is one such
    >>>source.

    >> FWIW: 0871 numbers will fall under the control of phonepayPlus as of
    >> the 1st of August this year... So you & the wholesaler will need to be
    >> registered, etc.

    >Have you got a link for this?

    http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/087-Number-Range.aspx

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jul 21, 2009
  5. R Johnson

    R Johnson Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:07:02 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

    > In article <>, R. Mark Clayton
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message

    >>> FWIW: 0871 numbers will fall under the control of phonepayPlus as of
    >>> the 1st of August this year... So you & the wholesaler will need to be
    >>> registered, etc.

    >>Have you got a link for this?

    > http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/087-Number-Range.aspx
    >
    > Gordon

    It looks free to register, and I have nothing to hide so I'm fine with
    that. I suspect, however, that long term there will be charges. This kind
    of thing is rarely all 'consumer protection' and most often 'a slice of
    the cake'. Mmmm.

    R Johnson, Jul 22, 2009
  6. In article <>,
    R. Mark Clayton <> wrote:

    >>>Have you got a link for this?

    >> http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/087-Number-Range.aspx
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >Thanks - although I remember to try Google...

    ;-)

    I spent some time recently going through the whole premium number thing
    - reading their 83 page document (issue 11!) and lots of information on
    their web site, calling them, etc.

    The whole premium-rate thing, which quite lucrative in the right market,
    does have a lot of red-tape to cross these days, including the posting
    of a financial bond for some types of service too...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jul 22, 2009