    I have tried the Glossy Photoweight paper but then I like the Premium
    Semiglossy better.

    Max
    MXP, Feb 2, 2004

  2. MXP

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "MXP"

    >Has somebody tried Epson Premium Glossy paper in an Epson 2100 printer?

    I've used the PGPP (Premium Glossy Photo Paper) in my 2200, which is the same
    basic printer.

    >I have only a driver for the Premium Semiglossy paper.

    If you have the Photo Black ink cart installed you should be able to see the
    driver for PGPP. At least I can see it with the 2200.

    > Maybe the glossy paper is bad with pigment ink?

    The glossy papers show "ink differential" or bronzing, with black ink having a
    bit of sheen if you look at the print from an angle. Supposedly spraying the
    print with something like PremierArt Print Shield (or similar products) clears
    this problem up (and increases the print life too) ..
    http://www.inkjetart.com/premier/print_shield.html
    Bill Hilton, Feb 2, 2004

  3. MXP wrote:

    > Has somebody tried Epson Premium Glossy paper in an Epson 2100 printer?
    > I have only a driver for the Premium Semiglossy paper. Maybe the glossy
    > paper is bad with pigment ink?
    > I have tried the Glossy Photoweight paper but then I like the Premium
    > Semiglossy better.

    Yes, the Epson Archival Glossy is good, but I do just about everything with
    Epson Flat Archival or Epson Luster, which I think you'll like much better
    than semigloss. I have the Epson Stylus Photo 2200.

    Fred

    --
    "...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
    the Ugly)."
    Fred A. Miller, Feb 2, 2004
  4. MXP

    Phil Rose Guest

    In article <ovzTb.27724$>, Fred A. Miller
    <> wrote:

    > Yes, the Epson Archival Glossy is good, but I do just about everything with
    > Epson Flat Archival [snip]

    I've never heard of either of those papers (and neither, evidently has
    Epson's web site)--care to clarify?

    Phil
    Phil Rose, Feb 5, 2004
  5. MXP

    Linda_N Guest

    "Phil Rose" <> wrote in message
    > In article <ovzTb.27724$>, Fred A. Miller
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, the Epson Archival Glossy is good, but I do just about everything

    with
    > > Epson Flat Archival [snip]

    > I've never heard of either of those papers (and neither, evidently has
    > Epson's web site)--care to clarify?
    >
    > Phil

    He means Epson Archival Matte for use with Epson's Archival inks. The series
    (consisting of degrees of gloss coating including semi, as well as one
    without coating) is of outstanding quality and result...very expensive
    though but the no fade is worth it. The link below shows what is available
    through Epson (half way down this Epson consumable product listing)
    http://www.epson.com.my/consumable/pages/Media/more3.shtml

    A more detailed listing can be found at:
    http://www.provantage.com/buy-110EPSR-epson-print-media-paper-shopping.htm

    Linda.
    Linda_N, Feb 5, 2004