    AMD Athlon64 3000+, MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI, 2X74 GB Raptor HD's, Raid 0,
    2X512 MB OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 RAM, EVGA 6800 GT GPU, Enermax 535W PSU, NEC
    DVD+/-RW & FDD, WinXP Pro x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?QU1ENG1lMg==?=, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Adjustments of the clock forward or back are cumulative and can not be
    reversed.
    Your only way to get the time back is a Clean Installation.
    Verify time and date before starting.

    This was a necessity on previous OS trials and I assume it is the same with
    this one.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 7, 2005

  3. That's sad news, but a solution nonetheless. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?QU1ENG1lMg==?=, Jun 7, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QU1ENG1lMg==?=

    Randy Guest

    Will a clean re-install alone work, or does it now also require a new
    product key? Or can he somehow just input a new PID directly? I guess that a
    reformat should allow the old trial to be reinstalled... but what if he
    didn't want to also lose everything else installed and/or created/saved
    while usoing the original trial? Could a second trial and product key be
    used to perform a "repair" install that would then have a new time-out
    expiration?

    I ordered two of each (XP and Server) in part to provide for this
    possibility if I didn't need it for a client. And downloaded two more to be
    sure. ;~)

    Thanks.

    Randy, Jun 8, 2005
  5. Randy;
    AFAIK a Clean Install is the only fix.
    Important data needs to be backed up.
    A Repair Install with the same or new key will not affect the time bomb if
    this reacts as other Microsoft trial OSs.
    But you could test it.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 8, 2005