    My question is: What exactly happens if I mistakenly (as I sometimes
    do) turn off the camera first.

    Bill
    Bill Johnson, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Bill Johnson

    Bill Guest

    I have a Fuji camera, but I don't recall seeing "Exif Launcher" on the
    software CD that came with it. In any case, is this program possibly
    processing the image files right in the camera? If so, maybe that's why it
    tells you do have everything "adjusted" before you disconnect.

    I transfer all my images to the PC, and then use my photo processing
    software.

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Bill Johnson

    Stewy Guest

    "Bill Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > I have used a variety of Fuji digital cameras that all connect to my
    > computer automatically using software Fuji supplied me called 'EXIF
    > Launcher' which brings up my photo processing program.
    >
    > I am warned, both on screen and in the manuals Fuji supplies, not to
    > disconnect my camera without going through the proceedure of asking the
    > program to adjust whatever it has to first.
    >
    > My question is: What exactly happens if I mistakenly (as I sometimes
    > do) turn off the camera first.

    Gremlins will come running up and knock you about the face and head.
    Stewy, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Bill Johnson

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "Bill Johnson" <> wrote

    > I have used a variety of Fuji digital cameras that all connect to my
    > computer automatically using software Fuji supplied me called 'EXIF
    > Launcher' which brings up my photo processing program.
    > I am warned, both on screen and in the manuals Fuji supplies, not to
    > disconnect my camera without going through the proceedure of asking the
    > program to adjust whatever it has to first.
    > My question is: What exactly happens if I mistakenly (as I sometimes
    > do) turn off the camera first.

    Probably not quite related, but when I use the USB cable to download
    pictures from my Coolpix 995 I have to be very careful to wait about 10
    seconds after switching the camera off before unplugging it. If I don't, the
    computer immediately reboots.

    This probably has something to do with how Win 98SE deals with 'removable
    disks' added and taken off the system.

    I guess you could just try ignoring the warning and see what happens -
    nothing is likely to 'blow up', but make sure there's no important pictures
    on the camera card just in case it causes corruption...

    Paul
    Paul Bartram, Oct 19, 2003
  5. Bill Johnson

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:32:37 GMT, in this august forum,
    "Bill Johnson" <> said:

    > My question is: What exactly happens if I mistakenly (as I sometimes
    >do) turn off the camera first.

    Most likely there's some possibility that the program will crash, & that
    any files being transferred at the time will be corrupted.

    Lionel, Oct 22, 2003