  1. Or, how many different ways can Web 2.0 apps be brought to their knees by
    the same old Web 1.0 cockups?

    <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/14/ajax_charlatans_old_school_attack/>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 15, 2008

  2. On Apr 15, 9:35 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > Or, how many different ways can Web 2.0 apps be brought to their knees by
    > the same old Web 1.0 cockups?
    >
    > <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/14/ajax_charlatans_old_school_a...>

    Quote of the week:

    Billy Hoffman, manager for HP software' security labs, added:
    "Companies will say: 'We can Web 2.0ify your existing applications in
    15 minutes - we've got a wrapper'. These people are charlatans, and
    you should punch them in the face."

    Not a bad policy.

    Hamish Campbell, Apr 15, 2008

  3. In article <>, ChrisOD did write:

    > No real world examples and the two examples used were crafted by the
    > security experts to demonstrate attack vectors.

    Based on advice which is commonly given to newbies. I posted here about a
    recent magazine article advocating a CAPTCHA system with a security hole in
    it big enough to drive a truckful of spammers through.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 16, 2008