    It is obvious that since Microsoft released Vista to manufacturing, it has
    been optimising the code ever since."

    http://apcmag.com/6929/vista_sp1_in_depth
    Mickey Mouse, Aug 12, 2007

  2. Mickey Mouse

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <f9m8lp$mf0$>, "Mickey Mouse" <> wrote:

    >"First up, I can say that there is a very noticeable performance increase.
    >It is obvious that since Microsoft released Vista to manufacturing, it has
    >been optimising the code ever since."

    That'll be a pleasant change, after many years of experience with SPs
    degrading performance... or maybe the current SP just has actual fixes and
    optimisations in it, and the "enchancements" that degrade performance
    haven't been added yet.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Aug 12, 2007

  3. On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:36:26 +1200, Mickey Mouse wrote:

    > "First up, I can say that there is a very noticeable performance increase.
    > It is obvious that since Microsoft released Vista to manufacturing, it has
    > been optimising the code ever since."

    IOW, M$ Vi$ta wasn't ready to be released when they released it.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 12, 2007
  4. Mickey Mouse

    Cima Guest

    On 12 Aug 2007 21:11:12 +1200, Jonathan Walker <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:36:26 +1200, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >
    >> "First up, I can say that there is a very noticeable performance increase.
    >> It is obvious that since Microsoft released Vista to manufacturing, it has
    >> been optimising the code ever since."

    >IOW, M$ Vi$ta wasn't ready to be released when they released it.

    Neither was 95, 98, ME or XP. No need to break tradition now!
    Cima, Aug 13, 2007
  5. On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:32:21 +1200, Cima wrote:

    >>IOW, M$ Vi$ta wasn't ready to be released when they released it.

    > Neither was 95, 98, ME or XP. No need to break tradition now!

    Win98 was the feature complete version of Win4.x .

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 13, 2007
  6. In message <f9m8lp$mf0$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:

    > Build string indicates that the current SP beta was prepared in late June.

    Haven't they done anything since then?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 13, 2007