    --
    "Obviously, I'm not an IBM computer any more than I'm an ashtray."
    - Bob Dylan

    djeaux, Jul 29, 2004

  2. djeaux

    slacK_ Guest

    djeaux wrote:

    > I've noticed that the list than should be along the left side of my
    > Mozilla 1.7.1 preferences dialog box is completely blank. I can't clear
    > history, flush the cache, etc. If I kill that box & attempt to open it
    > again from Edit > Preferences, I don't even get the dialog box.
    >
    > Been using Mozilla/Netscape since the days when the proper way to
    > pronounce "netscape" was "mozilla" but this one has me stumped. A
    > missing file perhaps? Is this a known bug or does my system have a problem?
    >
    > T.I.A. for any insight into this.
    >

    > djeaux

    I am not sure if that is a bug. Have you tried reinstalling mozilla?

    slacK_, Jul 29, 2004

  3. djeaux wrote:

    > I've noticed that the list than should be along the left side of my
    > Mozilla 1.7.1 preferences dialog box is completely blank. I can't clear
    > history, flush the cache, etc. If I kill that box & attempt to open it
    > again from Edit > Preferences, I don't even get the dialog box.
    >
    > Been using Mozilla/Netscape since the days when the proper way to
    > pronounce "netscape" was "mozilla" but this one has me stumped. A
    > missing file perhaps? Is this a known bug or does my system have a problem?
    >
    > T.I.A. for any insight into this.
    >

    > djeaux

    Ouch, never saw that happen.

    As a off chance, try one of th default themes, see if that restores it.
    Not likely, but worth a try before going further.

    Create a new profile, is the preference box available and operational in it?

    If so, its probably easier to migrate your data to the new profile than
    to track down the problem in the old profile. Reinstall themes and
    extensions one by one in the new profile, and test, just in case it
    happens again.

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 29, 2004