    upcoming (they hope!) D400, especially if they migrated from a D300.
    So if you want a D7000, be patient, you'll be able to grab a near new
    body for about $700-800 in a few months.
    RichA, Sep 13, 2011

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >I owned the D7000 and without a doubt, its sensor was a major
    >improvement in Nikon APS. But that is where it stopped. It is in
    >effect a very nice upgrade of the D90, but people I know who have
    >bought it have all told me they are using it as a stop-gap for the
    >upcoming (they hope!) D400, especially if they migrated from a D300.
    >So if you want a D7000, be patient, you'll be able to grab a near new
    >body for about $700-800 in a few months.

    I agree with that analysis.

    The D300 replacement will have far better build quality than the D7000
    and that delightful 24 MP Sony sensor, so it cannot fail to be more
    desirable. For many, including myself*, the D7000 has provided a
    useful stop-gap while Nikon develops its new DSLRs.

    For consumers, the D5100 represents better value as it offers similar
    image quality to the D7000 at a much lower price.

    *However, my personal interest is in the D700 replacement as I intend
    to have a 100% FX (full frame) DSLR outfit in 2012, plus a Sony NEX-7.
    Bruce, Sep 14, 2011

  3. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Re: Prediction: When D400 hits, half of D7000 owners will dump theircameras

    On 9/13/2011 6:28 PM, RichA wrote:
    > I owned the D7000 and without a doubt, its sensor was a major
    > improvement in Nikon APS. But that is where it stopped. It is in
    > effect a very nice upgrade of the D90, but people I know who have
    > bought it have all told me they are using it as a stop-gap for the
    > upcoming (they hope!) D400, especially if they migrated from a D300.
    > So if you want a D7000, be patient, you'll be able to grab a near new
    > body for about $700-800 in a few months.

    If you did any real analysis, you would notice that because of
    conditions n Japan, there is little realistic possibility of the upgrade
    for the D700 being released prior to the Summer of 2012. We will be
    lucky if the D4 & D400 will generally be available prior to May or June
    of 2012.
    I would not act on information posted by either RichA or Bruce, in that
    regard.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011
  4. > I would not act on information posted by either RichA or Bruce, in that
    > regard.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Past inaccurate and misleading information posted by "Bruce" suggests
    taking anything from that quarter with a large pinch of salt.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Sep 15, 2011
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 14, 9:26 am, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 9/13/2011 6:28 PM, RichA wrote:
    >
    > > I owned the D7000 and without a doubt, its sensor was a major
    > > improvement in Nikon APS.  But that is where it stopped.  It is in
    > > effect a very nice upgrade of the D90, but people I know who have
    > > bought it have all told me they are using it as a stop-gap for the
    > > upcoming (they hope!) D400, especially if they migrated from a D300.
    > > So if you want a D7000, be patient, you'll be able to grab a near new
    > > body for about $700-800 in a few months.

    > If you did any real analysis, you would notice that because of
    > conditions n Japan, there is little realistic possibility of the upgrade
    > for the D700 being released prior to the Summer of 2012. We will be
    > lucky if the D4 & D400 will generally be available prior to May or June
    > of 2012.
    > I would not act on information posted by either RichA or Bruce, in that
    > regard.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Learn to read. No one suggested doing anything until a D400 appears.
    Whether it does appear in a suitable time-frame to drag down the
    price of the D7000 by flooding the market with used ones is a
    question, but I don't think Nikon is going to let its semi-pro and pro
    lines flounder for much longer.
    RichA, Sep 16, 2011
  6. RichA

    On 9/16/2011 11:25 AM, RichA wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 9:26 am, PeterN<> wrote:
    >> On 9/13/2011 6:28 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>
    >>> I owned the D7000 and without a doubt, its sensor was a major
    >>> improvement in Nikon APS. But that is where it stopped. It is in
    >>> effect a very nice upgrade of the D90, but people I know who have
    >>> bought it have all told me they are using it as a stop-gap for the
    >>> upcoming (they hope!) D400, especially if they migrated from a D300.
    >>> So if you want a D7000, be patient, you'll be able to grab a near new
    >>> body for about $700-800 in a few months.

    >> If you did any real analysis, you would notice that because of
    >> conditions n Japan, there is little realistic possibility of the upgrade
    >> for the D700 being released prior to the Summer of 2012. We will be
    >> lucky if the D4& D400 will generally be available prior to May or June
    >> of 2012.
    >> I would not act on information posted by either RichA or Bruce, in that
    >> regard.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > Learn to read. No one suggested doing anything until a D400 appears.
    > Whether it does appear in a suitable time-frame to drag down the
    > price of the D7000 by flooding the market with used ones is a
    > question, but I don't think Nikon is going to let its semi-pro and pro
    > lines flounder for much longer.

    It seems you don't even read what you write. You used the term "in a few
    months......" Next Summer, at the earliest is a lot more than "a few
    months."

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 16, 2011