    the item ships or when you place the order).

    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    jb
    ominousspiritous, Jul 2, 2003

  2. ominousspiritous

    George Guest

    Been very happy with this site of late..good prices and excellent service.
    Don't bill until ship either.

    www.dvdpacific.com

    "ominousspiritous"
    <o123misssn456ous789spfdwweirit9887ofewfusYOURsaaafsewqfCLaffadfOTHES@at654t

    George, Jul 2, 2003

  3. ominousspiritous

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <OAIMa.976$I8.217@rwcrnsc53> in alt.video.dvd,
    321om> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am wondering for those who place pre-orders online who has the best
    >shipping record and when they actually charge your card for the order(When
    >the item ships or when you place the order).

    With all my railing against deepdiscountdvd, I think they're
    generally pretty good when time is not of the essence.

    I've pre-ordered two different box sets from them and each time they
    shipped a couple of days before the street date and charged my
    credit card upon shipment.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Stan Brown, Jul 3, 2003
  4. > "ominousspiritous"
    >I am wondering for those who place pre-orders online who has the best
    >shipping record and when they actually charge your card for the order(When
    >the item ships or when you place the order).

    I've been doing well dealing with http://www.dvdsoon.com of Montreal
    for the past year. They charge your card when you place your order,
    which I realize many people don't like. (Side note: They're in the
    process of redoing their website, so some areas are a bit iffy at the
    moment.)
    Maureen Goldman, Jul 3, 2003
  5. ominousspiritous

    Erik Harris Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:18:05 -0700, Maureen Goldman
    <> wrote:

    >I've been doing well dealing with http://www.dvdsoon.com of Montreal
    >for the past year. They charge your card when you place your order,
    >which I realize many people don't like. (Side note: They're in the
    >process of redoing their website, so some areas are a bit iffy at the
    >moment.)

    I know they're in Canada, where this may not apply, but isn't there some law
    in the US stating that companies can't charge your credit card more than a
    day or two before a product is made available to you (i.e. shipped) without
    your express consent? I know I've heard of such a law before, but it's also
    entirely possible that I was duped by an urban legend. :) I also know that
    many of the more shady on-line retailers aren't in the habit of following all
    of the laws of commerce or rules of courtesy. :)

    --
    Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
    AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

    The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
    Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.
    Erik Harris, Jul 6, 2003