    --
    Greetz,
    -Jos
    Jos, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Jos wrote:
    > Hello Fans,
    >
    > Is there a possibility to pre load Firefox like Mozilla (suite)?

    No

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Jos <> wrote:

    >Hello Fans,
    >
    >Is there a possibility to pre load Firefox like Mozilla (suite)?

    If you are talking about the Quick Launch feature of Mozilla, there is
    a way to simulate it in Firefox:
    Install the MinimizeToTray extension
    (http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/ ).
    In your startup folder make a shortcut to Firefox.
    In the shortcut properties, add -turbo as a command line option.
    Mine, for instance, reads
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -turbo
    In the Run dropdown, select Minimized.

    Now when Windows starts, Firefox will be loaded and ready to go.

    If this wasn't what you were talking about please disregard the whole
    thing.
    Frederic Banaszak, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Frederic Banaszak wrote:
    > Jos <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hello Fans,
    >>
    >>Is there a possibility to pre load Firefox like Mozilla (suite)?

    > If you are talking about the Quick Launch feature of Mozilla, there is
    > a way to simulate it in Firefox:
    > Install the MinimizeToTray extension
    > (http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/ ).
    > In your startup folder make a shortcut to Firefox.
    > In the shortcut properties, add -turbo as a command line option.
    > Mine, for instance, reads
    > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -turbo
    > In the Run dropdown, select Minimized.
    >
    > Now when Windows starts, Firefox will be loaded and ready to go.
    >

    > If this wasn't what you were talking about please disregard the whole
    > thing.

    This does mimic QL, though it has the problem that FF is fully loaded,
    as opposed to Moz with QL enabled, which has only portions loaded.

    Some people note a problem with FF when it is minimized for long periods
    of time. When it is maximized again, it tends to freeze.

    Its worth a try to see if it works on your system though.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    >This does mimic QL, though it has the problem that FF is fully loaded,
    >as opposed to Moz with QL enabled, which has only portions loaded.

    I see. I never used the Quick Launch feature of Mozilla, so I wasn't
    really sure what it did.

    >Some people note a problem with FF when it is minimized for long periods
    >of time. When it is maximized again, it tends to freeze.
    >
    >Its worth a try to see if it works on your system though.
    >
    >Lee

    I have noticed that Firefox tends to "fall asleep" when it has been
    minimized for a while. On my system it doesn't lock up, but it takes a
    matter of a minute or two to maximize. It doesn't happen all the time,
    though, so I've never bothered to check into it.

    As far as starting Windows with Firefox minimized, I haven't had a
    problem. Yet.
    Frederic Banaszak, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Frederic Banaszak wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote:
    >

    >>This does mimic QL, though it has the problem that FF is fully loaded,
    >>as opposed to Moz with QL enabled, which has only portions loaded.

    > I see. I never used the Quick Launch feature of Mozilla, so I wasn't
    > really sure what it did.
    >

    >>Some people note a problem with FF when it is minimized for long periods
    >>of time. When it is maximized again, it tends to freeze.
    >>
    >>Its worth a try to see if it works on your system though.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > I have noticed that Firefox tends to "fall asleep" when it has been
    > minimized for a while. On my system it doesn't lock up, but it takes a
    > matter of a minute or two to maximize. It doesn't happen all the time,
    > though, so I've never bothered to check into it.
    >
    > As far as starting Windows with Firefox minimized, I haven't had a
    > problem. Yet.

    Glad to hear it. I've never know it to lock up on my systems, but then
    I rarely leave it minimized. I will leave it running with other windows
    on top of it.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004