    from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
    as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.

    Thanks a lot.

    gl, May 10, 2006

  2. gl

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:30:40 +0100, gl wrote
    (in article <4461a4b2$1@127.0.0.1>):

    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption.
    > Please advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs
    > from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
    > as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. WTF do you mean by "preburned"?
    Mind you, I have lots of "preburned CDs" they came with software on. And how
    will your data find its way on to these "preburned CDs"?

    Or are you cryptically asking if there's a company that will back up your
    data for you? The answer to this is yes, lots, but it's going to cost you a
    helluva lot more than a DVD burner and a pack of blank discs. A burner can be
    had for £20, a pack of blank DVDs for a fiver, if you shop around.
    Professional data back up could cost you hundreds, if not thousands. £25 is
    peanuts even if you don't use it that much (and, IMO, data stored on PCs
    should be backed up at least once a month, if not weekly).

    I know what I'd do...

    Margolotta, May 10, 2006

  3. gl

    gr8 Guest

    you must be kidding
    there is no way that u will find pre-burned CD that will store your
    data or that has ur data. How come u say that somebody has ur data
    stored in their CD's,Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to
    let other burn it for u .Let me tell you what a pre-burned CD means, it
    means that a CD which is already has some software or data in it which
    is available in a market.So u need a machine that is a burned to write
    all your data.ok

    gr8, May 10, 2006
  4. gl

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <>,
    Margolotta says...
    > This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. WTF do you mean by "preburned"?
    > Mind you, I have lots of "preburned CDs" they came with software on. And how
    > will your data find its way on to these "preburned CDs"?

    it makes about as much sense as asking

    "I haven't got time to change my socks. Can I buy socks with feet
    already in them?"

    To the OP

    You obviously don't understand how it works. CDs are 'burned' when you
    write data to them. You can't write data to a CD unless you have a CD
    burner. As CD writer drives are now just about as cheap as normal CD
    readers then just buy one.

    Flying Rat, May 10, 2006
  5. gl

    o00o Guest

    "gr8" <> wrote in message
    > you must be kidding
    > there is no way that u will find pre-burned CD that will store your
    > data or that has ur data. How come u say that somebody has ur data
    > stored in their CD's,Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to
    > let other burn it for u .Let me tell you what a pre-burned CD means, it
    > means that a CD which is already has some software or data in it which
    > is available in a market.So u need a machine that is a burned to write
    > all your data.ok

    What the **** was that supposed to mean?
    Could you repeat it please? This time in Swahili...

    o00o, May 10, 2006
  6. o00o wrote:
    > "gr8" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>you must be kidding
    >>there is no way that u will find pre-burned CD that will store your
    >>data or that has ur data. How come u say that somebody has ur data
    >>stored in their CD's,Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to
    >>let other burn it for u .Let me tell you what a pre-burned CD means, it
    >>means that a CD which is already has some software or data in it which
    >>is available in a market.So u need a machine that is a burned to write
    >>all your data.ok
    >>

    > What the **** was that supposed to mean?
    > Could you repeat it please? This time in Swahili...

    Keegee wappa kwinda sasa

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 10, 2006
  7. gl rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption.
    > Please advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs
    > from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
    > as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    No need to buy pre-burned CDs. Just do it yourself. Buy a bunch of CD
    blanks, place in microwave oven on "High" setting for 100 seconds. Voila!
    Pre-burned CDs. Of course, when you run out of CDs and need another batch,
    you'll probably have to buy another microwave, but hey, they're cheap.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has

    The Old Sourdough, May 10, 2006
  8. gl

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:30:40 +0800, gl wrote:

    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption. Please
    > advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs from any
    > source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files as back-up from
    > the hard disk of my pc.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    Huh?

    Meat Plow, May 10, 2006
  9. Mara rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Wed, 10 May 2006 06:16:49 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    > <> wrote:

    snip

    >>No need to buy pre-burned CDs. Just do it yourself. Buy a bunch of CD
    >>blanks, place in microwave oven on "High" setting for 100 seconds.
    >>Voila! Pre-burned CDs. Of course, when you run out of CDs and need
    >>another batch, you'll probably have to buy another microwave, but hey,
    >>they're cheap.

    > You forgot to mention throwing a few plastic-coated metal twist ties
    > on top of the pile in the microwave for that special "lightscribe"
    > effect.

    You are correct. My bad!

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I don't mind coming to work, but that twelve hour wait to go home is a

    The Old Sourdough, May 10, 2006
  10. gl

    gr8 Guest

    Yeah thats a perfect answer

    gr8, May 10, 2006
  11. gr8 rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Yeah thats a perfect answer

    I thought it was a perfect answer to a perfectly stupid question.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure. - George W. Bush

    The Old Sourdough, May 10, 2006
  12. gl

    Cub Guest

    "gl" <> wrote in message news:4461a4b2$1@127.0.0.1...
    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption.
    > Please advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs
    > from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
    > as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    You will still need a CD *burner* winXP will allow you to copy files/write
    to your CD device without the need for additional software. the disks are
    normally blank and are written to once, CD/RW media can be written to
    several times.

    Regards

    Cub, May 10, 2006