Prague and a swan

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DAVE PRICE, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. DAVE PRICE

    DAVE PRICE Guest

    DAVE PRICE, Feb 17, 2007

  2. DAVE PRICE

    Rutger Guest

    "DAVE PRICE" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Hi all
    >

    > I have posted on my website, using my new lens Sigma 18-125 lens
    > on
    > my Canon EOS 350D, pictures of my visit to Prague
    > http://djmp.co.uk/slr 1/prague.htm and a picture of a Swan
    > http://djmp.co.uk/slr 1/swan.htm

    Nice ones, but sharpness is a little off, i think. Or not spot on the most
    interesting parts of the pictures.
    Looks like you have taken the wrong focus point or something like that.

    Or you are experiencing backfocus.

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/sets
    Rutger, Feb 17, 2007

  3. "DAVE PRICE" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >

    > I have posted on my website, using my new lens Sigma 18-125 lens
    > on
    > my Canon EOS 350D, pictures of my visit to Prague

    Nice shots, but seem a tad overdone in the post-processing department.
    Charles Schuler, Feb 17, 2007
  4. > I have posted on my website, using my new lens Sigma 18-125 lens on
    > my Canon EOS 350D, pictures of my visit to Prague
    > http://djmp.co.uk/slr 1/prague.htm and a picture of a Swan
    > http://djmp.co.uk/slr 1/swan.htm

    They could stand some improvement. The first, of the street at night, is
    over saturated. The second, of the fence, is quite good, but the Charles
    Bridge (visible in the background) would have made a better subject. :eek:P
    The third needs the horizon leveling and the fourth needs a larger
    aperture and better focus.

    The swan shot is poorly exposed; an extra stop of compensation would
    have helped, although it is a tricky subject with those highlights. Try
    boosting the shadow tones...

    Having typed the above is occurs to me that you didn't actually ask for
    critique. Er, oh well, I've typed it now. :eek:)

    --
    Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/
    Derek Fountain, Feb 18, 2007