    Anyone know any good practice tests sites that helped them prepare for the
    current core and OS exam that are either free or at least reasonably priced?

    ---
    Dani, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Dani

    JesseTX Guest

    "Good" is a realitve term, but here are a couple of sites I am using
    now. These are both free.

    http://www.freepractice.com/Aplus/aplus.htm
    http://www.techexams.net/coexam/start.php?exam=apluscore1

    They seem like OK sites, haven't taken the tests yet though, so I
    can't say how relative to the actual testing material they are. Right
    now I am just soaking up all of the knowledge I can before I take the
    tests in two weeks. I have noticed that some sites seem to go way in
    depth on some things that probably won't be covered on the tests, so I
    just ignore what I don't think I will need. Like the freepractice
    tests has a lot of old DOS questions on it. I know some DOS will be
    on the test, but don't know if things like how to run different chkdsk
    options, or how to configire memaker will be included. One practice
    test I took even included a question about EDLIN (the precursor to the
    DOS edit program). That's the kind of stuff I just ignore. I already
    know a lot of that stuff anyway since I'm an old DOS man.

    Anyway, try the above, and also search on Google for "free A+ practice
    tests." I'm sure there are probably more, I just haven't looked for
    them yet.

    JesseTX, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Dani

    JesseTX Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:52:18 GMT, "AT" <torgny@@direcway.com> wrote:

    >Edlin might be the precursor to Edit but is still coexisting in all MS OS
    >with exception of MSDOS6.XX and ME.
    >
    >AT

    Yeah, but what's the chance that it will be asked on the A+ exam?
    Another example of some old questions on practice tests is I found
    some about the word size and data bus width for 8088 processors.
    Again, what's the chance that this will be asked on A+, let alone that
    you will encounter a PC with an 8088 processor in the real world.
    JesseTX, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Dani

    blue Guest

    I wouldn't recommend ignoring "old Dos" questions on sites that offer
    free test questions (unless you are really pressed for time!). On the
    test I took today one question asked (not verbatim) what switch you
    would enter to restrict the amount of memory to 128 MB to test how an
    application would work on a user's system... The administrator had 256
    MB of RAM on his system (app ran fine), but wanted to see how it would
    run on his "users" systems... they having only 128 MB.

    that one, i hadn't prepared for...

    blue

    blue, Oct 31, 2003