Practice lab , windows 2003 AC authenticatin -> not working

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by George Goglidze, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Hello all,

    I installed vmware workstations on my computer,
    so that I can simulate a network and use couple virtual computers on it.

    I configured 2 virtual machines.
    on both installed windows server 2003.

    SERVER01 -> domain controller -> ip : 192.168.0.1
    SERVER02 -> just normal server -> ip: 192.168.0.2

    SERVER02 belongs to domain.
    in system properties you can see that it is inside the domain.

    I created user, which ofcourse belongs to group "Domain Users".

    both computers can ping each other (network is working fine).

    but if I try to log on to SERVER02 with my user I get following error:
    The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
    The name or security ID (SID) of the domain specified is inconsistent with
    the trust
    information for that domain.

    Please try again or consult your system administrator.

    does anyone know what is the problem???

    Best regards.
    George Goglidze, Apr 7, 2006