Practice Exam

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by TheITGirl, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. TheITGirl

    TheITGirl Guest

    Hi

    I have been using the Microsoft Press Book and Exam Cram 2 to study for the
    70-271 exam. I have just taken one of the practice tests from the Readiness
    Review CD that came with the MS book and scored 84%. However, I was more
    than a little concerned at one of the questions:-

    Basically, the question concerned an XP Professional user with two 4GB hard
    disks formatted as FAT32. The user wanted to know if he could mirror the
    disks so that, if one disk failed, he could still use the other one. I chose
    the answer that only MS Windows Server products support fault-tolerant
    volumes, not Windows XP. However, the CD gave the incorrect answer that the
    disks could be mirrored, but they would have to be converted to dynamic
    disks.

    I am hoping to take the 271 exam very soon, but wonder what the chances are
    that an incorrect question could pop up on the real exam?

    Good luck with the exams everyone

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Jan 8, 2007

  2. For all intense purposes, your answer is correct. Windows XP does not
    natively support disk mirroring
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314343).

    Practice tests are known to have errors in them. Was the explanation you
    provided in its entirety? Was there mention of a third party hardware /
    software solution you did see at first?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 8, 2007

  3. hey theres something i dont much about Dynamic disks!

    Keith Chilton, Jan 9, 2007
  4. TheITGirl

    RemoteShark Guest

    These are the questions I dread taking and can throw you off completely, but
    even leave these types of questions for last and do the ones you know first.
    Hope that helps. I am taking 70-272 in March. Want a study buddy? Cheers
    RemoteShark

    RemoteShark, Jan 10, 2007