Practice Exam and Book experience

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?bmlxdWU=?=, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. Hello Everyone!

    I originally posted this in the MCSD forum but probably should've posted it
    here*shrug*

    I'm beginning my journey into becoming an MCSD and would like to get advice
    from everyone which practice exam software(like transcender) and books worked
    best for you to assist you in passing the MCSD exams(I know that knowledge
    and particularly, experience, is very important to pass these tests).

    I know I could do my own research and find these practice exams and books.
    But I wanted everyone's opinion regardless of experience and learning style.

    I'm already an MCP in MS Access 97 Database Design and Development(yea,yea
    its old) and have used transcender in the past, which worked great for me.
    But that was years ago. I don't know which practice exam software and books
    to get now.

    Again, I can do my own research on the books, but just because a book says
    it can help you on an exam in the front cover doesn't mean that the subject
    matter is clearly explained(i got a book from microsoft press on c# and
    ado.net which, sorry to say, SUCKED BIG TIME and wasted $49.99).

    So on that note, if you could please share your experience with a particular
    book and practice exam for the each core test, I would be greatly
    appreciative.

    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?bmlxdWU=?=, Sep 27, 2006