    better overall security?

    thanks

    , Jan 8, 2005

  2. S. Pidgorny Guest

    Both PPTP and SSL-based VPNs offer adequate and practically equivalent
    levels of confidentiality.

    The Megaproxy SSL VPN (www.megaproxy.com) seems to provide Web browsing
    capability only, whereas the HotSponVPN (www.hotspotvpn.com) should support
    more protocols, as PPTP VPN is soething like virtual network cable. That is,
    Megaproxy won't give you VoIP support, and you might have pproblems with
    HotSpotVPN - depending on their IP addressing scheme and use of NAT.

    Some Wi-Fi access providers support WPA that eliminates the need for
    additional privacy tools. An example is T-Mobile Hotspot service - the
    secure connection software is available from

    http://client.hotspot.t-mobile.com/

    You're welcome with further questions.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE