    private IP which causes the Internet users can not find the PIX.

    Any suggestion or advice ?

    , Jan 10, 2007

  2. lanwanman Guest

    I'd suggest that you have two options.
    One you could install a new IOS on the router that has the firewall feature
    set and that may allow you to use the router as your PPTP VPN endpoint. I
    did not check the features on the feature set to ensure it supports PPTP.
    The other and maybe simpler way would be to NAT all incoming PPTP traffic to
    the outside interface on the PIX.

    Cheers,

    Kev

    lanwanman, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion, we shall try your way.

    Cheers
    Benson

    lanwanman ¼g¹D¡G

    > I'd suggest that you have two options.
    > One you could install a new IOS on the router that has the firewall feature
    > set and that may allow you to use the router as your PPTP VPN endpoint. I
    > did not check the features on the feature set to ensure it supports PPTP.
    > The other and maybe simpler way would be to NAT all incoming PPTP traffic to
    > the outside interface on the PIX.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Kev
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, all,
    > >
    > > I have a problem:
    > >
    > > In the past, we used PPTP clients of Windows XP to connect to the Cisco
    > > PIX as the PPTP server for establishing a VPN tunnel, this worked fine
    > > since the PIX had a public IP for the PIX.
    > >
    > > But recently, we have re-config the network topology, so that a Router
    > > has been placed in front of the PIX to the internet as the following
    > > diagram:
    > >
    > > Past: Internet ------ PIX ----- Company LAN
    > > Now: Internet ------ ( Router---PIX ) ---- Company LAN
    > >
    > > So that the internet Router has a public IP and the PIX has only
    > > private IP which causes the Internet users can not find the PIX.
    > >
    > > Any suggestion or advice ?

    , Jan 11, 2007