    Can anyone think of any solutions?

    Cheers
    Kach

    Kach, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Kach

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:18:49 +1200, "Kach" <>
    wrote:

    >Got a Broadband Video Phone from overseas.
    >Unfortunately, it only supports PPPoE....
    >It can't be behind firewall & NAT, and must get an IP directly
    >from ISP thru a broadband modem with RJ45 connector.
    >Currently there's a ADSL router & a 802.11b router,
    >which obvious wound't work at all since it can't use NAT!!!
    >Couldn't think of a way to get it going at all...
    >Can anyone think of any solutions?

    Where are you?

    I think Telstra Cable uses PPPoE.

    Gurble, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Kach

    Kach Guest

    North Shore Auckland, don't think we get cable here. =(

    Kach, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Kach

    SteveM Guest

    "Kach" <> wrote in news:40f0a95c$:

    > North Shore Auckland, don't think we get cable here. =(
    >

    > "Gurble" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:18:49 +1200, "Kach" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Got a Broadband Video Phone from overseas.
    >> >Unfortunately, it only supports PPPoE....
    >> >It can't be behind firewall & NAT, and must get an IP directly
    >> >from ISP thru a broadband modem with RJ45 connector.
    >> >Currently there's a ADSL router & a 802.11b router,
    >> >which obvious wound't work at all since it can't use NAT!!!
    >> >Couldn't think of a way to get it going at all...
    >> >Can anyone think of any solutions?
    >> >

    >> Where are you?
    >>
    >> I think Telstra Cable uses PPPoE.

    If you can see the black band around the skytower from your roof
    consider the Wired Country service through ihug. Uses PPPoE.
    Ihug supply up to 3 (dynamic) ip addresses to each user.
    1 for network, 1 for their phone service (if you use it) and one other
    for something else!

    SteveM

    SteveM, Jul 11, 2004