    connections.

    Is PPP a connection protocol for both dialup and VPN or
    just dialup??

    Myrt Webb, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Myrt Webb

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Myrt Webb" <>
    spewed in news:acce01c4887f$ae5d49f0$:

    > Is PPP a connection protocol for both dialup and VPN or
    > just dialup??

    no, but PPTP (pa'toey) is a vpn connection protocol...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Myrt Webb

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Myrt Webb" <> wrote in

    > PPP is a protocal used for dialup RAS connections. That
    > is plain from the material I have read.
    >
    > What is not plain is if PPP is also a protocol for VPN
    > connections.
    >
    > Is PPP a connection protocol for both dialup and VPN or
    > just dialup??

    valuable resource

    http://whatis.techtarget.com/

    http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7
    _gci214311,00.html

    http://tinyurl.com/4dpmo

    "yeah, i did it! i said i would and i did it!"
    Leroy Brown, I'm Gonna Get Ya Sucka

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/