PPP multilink problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dabance, Nov 18, 2007.

  1. dabance

    dabance Guest

    Hi Guys,
    i got a situation here and hope someone will be able to help me out.
    Recently i configured a PPP multilink and am facing some issues after
    that.

    Issue 1:
    There seems to be lot of input error on multilink interface (150
    errors in 40 mins)

    Issue 2:
    when any of the multilink member interface goes down (all other links
    are active), am getting packrt drops and request timed out when i ping
    my other end multi link interface atleast for some 30 sec , after
    which my response is ok.

    About my network
    I have connectivity between site A and Site B which consists of five
    64 kbps Leased lines bundled together with Multilink PPP

    My configuration is shown below

    End A

    interface multilink 1
    ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
    ppp multilink fragment-delay 20
    ppp multilink interleave
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    int Ser 2/0
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    int Ser 2/1
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    int Ser 2/2
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    int Ser 2/3
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    int Ser 2/4
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    End B

    interface multilink 1
    ip address ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
    ppp multilink fragment-delay 20
    ppp multilink interleave
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    interface S 2/0:1
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    interface S 2/0:11
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    interface S 2/0:25
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    interface S 2/0:4
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1

    interface S 2/0:6
    bandwidth 64
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    multilink-group 1
    dabance, Nov 18, 2007

  2. dabance

    Merv Guest

    Perhaps posting the output of show version from both routers and show
    interface for the multilink interface along with a show interface for
    a good physical link and a troubled link would be useful.
    Merv, Nov 18, 2007