    answers it definitely either way. No bugs that seem relevant either.
    It's Advanced Security IOS, 12.4(4)T1

    Thanks in advance.

    Al, Sep 6, 2006

  2. "Al" <> writes:
    >I'm trying to configure ppp multlink on a Cisco 877. According to the
    >feature navigator on the Cisco website & the interactive help on the
    >router, it should be possible to enter the command:

    >router(config)#interface Multilink1

    >but it gets rejected as an unrecognized command.

    >Does anyone know if this is actually an available feature? I have spent
    >the last hour trawling through cisco.com & can't find anything that
    >answers it definitely either way. No bugs that seem relevant either.
    >It's Advanced Security IOS, 12.4(4)T1

    What would you multilink on a single-interface router?
    Perhaps that is why they took it out? (I'm sure they have to cut out
    quite a bit out of IOS on these little tiny routers).

    It is a valid command on bigger routers.
    I couldn't tell you on an 877.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 6, 2006

  3. You may wish to investigate:

    DETAILED STEPS

    Step 3

    Command or Action

    interface multilink multilink-bundle-number
    Example:
    Router(config)# interface multilink1

    Purpose

    Creates a multilink bundle or enters multilink interface configuration
    mode.

    The multilink-bundle-number argument is the number of the multilink
    bundle (a nonzero number).

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._feature_guide09186a00801a81e3.html#wp1000757

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Al

    Guest

    www.BradReese.Com wrote:
    > You may wish to investigate:
    >
    > DETAILED STEPS
    >
    > Step 3
    >
    > Command or Action
    >
    > interface multilink multilink-bundle-number
    > Example:
    > Router(config)# interface multilink1
    >
    > Purpose
    >
    > Creates a multilink bundle or enters multilink interface configuration
    > mode.
    >
    > The multilink-bundle-number argument is the number of the multilink
    > bundle (a nonzero number).
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._feature_guide09186a00801a81e3.html#wp1000757
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Brad Reese

    Sure enough - doesn't work on an 877.
    c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-9.T.bin

    I have previously used I think

    int dialer 1
    encap ppp
    ppp mul

    www.cisco.com/go/fn

    Says that mlppp is in both advanced-security and
    advanced-ip-services releases.

    Here is an 837 that I had a quick look at.
    I just typed the commands in, I DID NOT
    get it working since I do not have an ISP
    that supoprts MLPPP.

    c837-k9o3sy6-mz.124-8.bin

    interface Multilink1
    description test
    no ip address
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink group 1

    interface Dialer2
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    ppp multilink
    !

    Very odd I say.

    , Sep 6, 2006
  5. Al

    Al Guest

    > Sure enough - doesn't work on an 877.
    > c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-9.T.bin
    >
    > I have previously used I think
    >
    > int dialer 1
    > encap ppp
    > ppp mul
    >
    > www.cisco.com/go/fn
    >
    > Says that mlppp is in both advanced-security and
    > advanced-ip-services releases.
    >
    > Here is an 837 that I had a quick look at.
    > I just typed the commands in, I DID NOT
    > get it working since I do not have an ISP
    > that supoprts MLPPP.
    >
    > c837-k9o3sy6-mz.124-8.bin
    >
    > interface Multilink1
    > description test
    > no ip address
    > ppp multilink
    > ppp multilink group 1
    >
    > interface Dialer2
    > no ip address
    > encapsulation ppp
    > ppp multilink
    > !
    > Very odd I say.

    Thanks for the replies, I have been looking into this & playing around
    on a few test routers we have. It looks like it is an IOS 'feature'.
    Although the feature navigator says it is in the Advanced Security
    release, you can't configure a multilink interface. You can however go
    so far in configuring a dialer interface for MPPP:

    Router(config-if)#ppp multilink group 1
    % Cannot put ddr interface in multilink-group

    In the Advanced IP Services release, there is no problem in configuring
    the multlilink interface, interleaving, etc.
    We have decided to pay the extra & go for the Advanced IP Services
    feature set for this requirement as a result.

    As an aside, we also have one of the new Cisco SB107 routers in to test
    & while that supports the multilink we need, it is more limited in some
    of the QoS settings we would like to see (can't set dscp via policy- or
    route-maps it seems)

    BTW - we need to configure multilink for the interleaving, to run voice
    over the link.

    Thanks again.

    Al, Sep 14, 2006
  6. Al

    James Guest

    > BTW - we need to configure multilink for the interleaving, to run voice
    > over the link.

    You could run Frame-Relay instead off PPP if the options are not
    available on the router. We have over 90 VoIP sites on low speed
    connections running perfect quality voice with FR.

    James

    James, Sep 15, 2006