    hi
    can one do fragment using encapsulation ppp over a single point to point T1
    thanks

    david, May 24, 2004

  2. Aaron Leonard, May 26, 2004

  3. david

    david Guest

    hi
    The example is for a multilink ppp however i have only one T1. But i
    don't see why i can't have just one T1 in the multilink for now and
    use ppp fragmend do you?
    thanks

    david, May 26, 2004
  4. You absolutely can have a multilink bundle with a single member link
    and do link-layer fragmentation in it. For data applications, this
    would be pointless (slightly counterproductive from the standpoint of
    optimizing throughput), but for voip this is just what the doctor
    ordered ... LLQ with LFI ... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094660.shtml

    Aaron

    ---

    Aaron Leonard, May 26, 2004
  5. david

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > You absolutely can have a multilink bundle with a single member link
    > and do link-layer fragmentation in it. For data applications, this
    > would be pointless (slightly counterproductive from the standpoint of
    > optimizing throughput), but for voip this is just what the doctor
    > ordered ... LLQ with LFI ... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094660.shtml

    Aaron,
    Out of curiosity, is your focus on VoIP/Wireless now?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 27, 2004
  6. On Thu, 27 May 2004 01:36:47 GMT, Hansang Bae <> wrote:

    ~ In article <>,
    ~ says...
    ~ > You absolutely can have a multilink bundle with a single member link
    ~ > and do link-layer fragmentation in it. For data applications, this
    ~ > would be pointless (slightly counterproductive from the standpoint of
    ~ > optimizing throughput), but for voip this is just what the doctor
    ~ > ordered ... LLQ with LFI ... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094660.shtml
    ~
    ~
    ~ Aaron,
    ~ Out of curiosity, is your focus on VoIP/Wireless now?

    Not voip, but yes I'm concentrating on 802.11* now ...

    Aaron Leonard, May 27, 2004
  7. david

    david Guest

    thanks for the link Aaron. Been very helpful.
    Since i am concern with voice traffic which is mainly udp 16384 and up
    i am leaning towards using ip rtp priority. I don't see the need for
    using classes which is a complex code as opposed to a one liner which
    does pretty much the same thing.
    For my T1 connections i am not to concern with fragmentation however
    on my 64k satellite links which will carry voice and data i am leaning
    towards traffic shaping map classes with fragemnetation and ip rtp
    priority.

    Your comments are welcome
    thanks

    david, May 27, 2004
  8. david

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    > Not voip, but yes I'm concentrating on 802.11* now ...

    Great...now I know I can ask about my 1200APs that I use at home! :)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 28, 2004