    interested in CmdHere in particular.

    TIA,
    Bill
    Bill Cohagan, Oct 26, 2006

  2. Bill:
    Santa is here.
    Copy the following text into a text file named cmdhere.inf
    Later on, right click on it and choose install.
    Here's the text:
    ;
    ; "CMD Prompt Here" PowerToy
    ;
    ; Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation
    ;
    [version]
    signature="$CHICAGO$"

    [CmdHereInstall]
    CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
    AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

    [DefaultInstall]
    CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
    AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

    [DefaultUnInstall]
    DelFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
    DelReg = CmdHere.Reg

    [SourceDisksNames]
    55="CMD Prompt Here","",1

    [SourceDisksFiles]
    CmdHere.INF=55

    [DestinationDirs]
    CmdHere.Files.Inf = 17

    [CmdHere.Files.Inf]
    CmdHere.INF

    [CmdHere.Reg]
    HKLM,%UDHERE%,DisplayName,,"%CmdHereName%"
    HKLM,%UDHERE%,UninstallString,,"rundll32.exe
    syssetup.dll,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultUninstall 132
    %17%\CmdHere.inf"
    HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
    HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""
    HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
    HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""

    [Strings]
    CmdHereName="CMD Prompt Here PowerToy"
    CmdHereAccel="CMD &Prompt Here"
    UDHERE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CmdHere"

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 27, 2006

  3. Bill Cohagan

    Bill Cohagan Guest

    Carlos
    Thanks for the code; however I don't seem to be able to get it to work.
    When I try to "install" (as non admin) it fails with a dialog saying simply
    "Installation Failed". When I install when logged on as admin it *appears*
    to run fine; however the context menu item does not appear -- so apparently
    it didn't effectively install.

    Any ideas how I might troubleshoot?

    Regards,
    Bill

    Bill Cohagan, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Ok, Bill.
    Get it from here
    www.duke.edu/~ksanders/cmdhere.inf
    The link is valid, I tried it before posting.
    Good luck!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 27, 2006