    ones, from ms site)

    Greetings

    Juan Jansen
    Default User, Aug 19, 2005

  2. There has been no updates for it and no word on whether it will be updated
    for x64 OS. Maybe they are skipping it for this release and creating a new
    set specifically for Vista x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 19, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:

    > Maybe they are skipping it for this release and creating a new
    > set specifically for Vista x64.

    Do you think that there'll also be a Vista x86 or will Vista be
    x64 only with some sort of x86 emulation build in like the one
    we see in WinXP x64 today ?

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 19, 2005
  4. There will be both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista. Definitely.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 19, 2005
  5. The problem with only doing an x64 edition of Vista is that it cannot be run
    on a 32-bit computer, and there are a lot of those out there and still will
    be for a very long time.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 19, 2005
  6. The computer I'm running Vista on right now is 32-bit (x86), so yes, there
    will be a 32-bit Vista.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 19, 2005
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    > There will be both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista. Definitely.

    Okay.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen