    300Watt

    tia

    greets lex

    alexander rickert, Feb 24, 2004

  2. alexander rickert

    Robert Baer Guest

    alexander rickert wrote:

    > hello folks
    >
    > some time back i posted a question about the powersupply fan.
    >
    > it turns out that i have a "anti-noise" module in the supply.
    > this one doesn't work correct anymore: the fan switches between fast(
    > rather noisy) and slow speed all the time.
    >
    > i cut the wires BEFORE the module and conected them with the fan
    > directly.
    > result => the fan turns at full speed and makes a lot of noise.
    >
    > now my question: is this module replaceable?? and is it necessary?
    >
    > it is an a-open powersupply 2 years old
    > 300Watt
    >
    > tia
    >
    > greets lex

    I do not have the faintest as to what that so-called "anti-noise"
    module is/was supposed to be.
    I am an electronic technician by trade, so if i knew, iwould be able
    to give reasonable advice.
    Why do you not just buy another fan to replace the noisy one?

    Robert Baer, Feb 24, 2004

  3. hey rob

    it isn't the fan thats broke.
    at lower speed it makes almost no noice.
    but at the max speed it like a chopper.
    between the fan and the place where it is connected to the supply (where
    the 2 wires get their electricity) there is a small panel that that
    controles the speed (so it seems).
    i think that panel or one of the components is broke.
    is this replacable?

    greets lex

    alexander rickert, Feb 24, 2004
  4. alexander rickert

    Thor Guest

    "alexander rickert" <"alexander_rickert(remove)"@pandora.be> wrote in
    message news:...
    > hello folks
    >
    > some time back i posted a question about the powersupply fan.
    >
    > it turns out that i have a "anti-noise" module in the supply.
    > this one doesn't work correct anymore: the fan switches between fast(
    > rather noisy) and slow speed all the time.
    >
    > i cut the wires BEFORE the module and conected them with the fan
    > directly.
    > result => the fan turns at full speed and makes a lot of noise.
    >
    > now my question: is this module replaceable?? and is it necessary?
    >
    > it is an a-open powersupply 2 years old
    > 300Watt

    basically what you are referring to is a temperature controlled fan
    regulator. No it's not necessary, as long as the fan runs full speed in it's
    absence, which you stated that it is. As for being replaceable, sure. But it
    may be difficult to find that particular component, and in the end, it may
    be easier to just buy a new power supply if the noise bothers you that much.

    Thor, Feb 24, 2004
  5. hey thor

    thank you very much

    greets lex

    alexander rickert, Feb 24, 2004
  6. alexander rickert

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > it may
    > be easier to just buy a new power supply if the noise bothers you that
    > much.

    Or replace the fan with a better quality, quieter fan, yes?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 24, 2004
  7. alexander rickert

    Night_Seer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > "Thor" <> wrote in
    >
    >> it may
    >> be easier to just buy a new power supply if the noise bothers you
    >> that much.
    >>

    > Or replace the fan with a better quality, quieter fan, yes?

    I still say you should just put a paperclip in it...and rubber grommets
    ;)

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 24, 2004
  8. And what kind of effect does that have?

    greets lex

    alexander rickert, Feb 25, 2004
  9. alexander rickert

    Night_Seer Guest

    alexander rickert" <"alexander_rickert(remove) wrote:
    > And what kind of effect does that have?
    >
    > greets lex

    Sorry, inside joke...ignore me please.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 25, 2004
  10. alexander rickert

    Basket Case Guest

    > alexander rickert" <"alexander_rickert(remove) wrote:
    > > And what kind of effect does that have?
    > >
    > > greets lex

    > Sorry, inside joke...ignore me please.
    >
    > --