    wasting my money if the camera can't write at 150X?

    Thanks!

    , Jul 29, 2006

  2. On 28 Jul 2006 16:20:21 -0700, <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know what is the highest speed the Canon powershot
    > A610/A620 can write to a Secure Digital memory card?
    >
    > ie, would a 150X SD card be better than a 60X card, or would I just be
    > wasting my money if the camera can't write at 150X?

    According to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona620/page5.asp , the
    A620 writes at about 3 MB/sec. 1X==150 KB/sec, so the camera can make
    full use of 20X cards; faster cards won't buy you additional speed on
    the camera.

    However, if you use a card reader to transfer images to your computer,
    you might get faster downloads with faster cards.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Jul 29, 2006