    to another folder??

    Thanks to you all.
    Howard.J
    Howard Jones, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Howard Jones

    Robert Baer Guest

    Howard Jones wrote:

    > Hi Everyone.
    >
    > I have a "Tiny Windows 98 Millennium Edition" computer and for some reason
    > or other I am unable to use my "PowerQuest Second Chance" to restore to a
    > previous point, I have also tried using my back up disc, but nothing, also
    > the original backup restore disks supplied with the computer. I have
    > uninstalled "Second Chance" and tried to reinstall, but I get an error.
    > "Unable to load "DRVRIFACE.DLL from C:\PQSC\PROGRAM" any ideas?? It appears
    > that there is a driver missing?? Where has it gone?? or Powerquest has moved
    > to another folder??
    >
    > Thanks to you all.
    > Howard.J

    Your mistakes were to use a hard drive manager and to use
    "backup/restore" software.
    Nobody should *ever* use either under any conditions; just asking for
    trouble in River City.
    I use a second hard drive in a removeable HD carrier, and only to do
    a full *copy* of the main (primary master) HD using either DriveCopy or
    Ghost.
    When the master goes bad,the copy (on the shelf) becomes the new
    master; i am back up in minutes and no format/install OS/install umpteen
    programs.
    Robert Baer, Mar 8, 2005